Student ID Cards for Voter Identification - Gettysburg College
As a solution to the new Pennsylvania Voter ID Law effective with the November 2012 general election, Gettysburg College will provide student ID Cards with a printed expiration date available to those students without another form of an acceptable photo ID.
Beginning with this summer orientation, all new student ID cards issued will include a printed expiration date. The expiration date on the ID Card will be December 31 of the year of the student’s anticipated graduation. During the 2012 fall semester, current students who have not yet been issued an ID card with an expiration date, and possess no other acceptable form of ID that can be used for voting, will be issued a new card with the return of an active ID Card at no cost, an expiration date making it valid for voting under the new law. Standard lost card fees apply if an active card is not returned.
Expiration dates will only be printed on currently enrolled student Gettysburg College ID Cards.
Acceptable forms of ID include*:
- Photo ID’s issued by the U.S. Government or the Commonwealth of Pa.
- Pennsylvania driver’s license
- PennDot photo ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military ID for active and retires military personnel
- Employee photo ID issued by the federal government, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or Pa, county or municipal government.
- Photo issued by a Pennsylvania care facility
*All ID’s must contain a Name, a Photo, and a Current Expiration Date.
PA Voter ID Law FAQ