Students - Participate!
Want to spend time learning first-hand what a typical workday is like for alumni and parents in various career fields?
Offered every January during winter break, job shadowing provides one-day experiences in which students shadow alumni or parent volunteers in the workplace as they go about their day's work. Job Shadowing is open to students of all class years! Students must apply to participate and will be matched based upon their top selections and relevant career interests. Please see application timeline below.
Alumni, Parents and Friends - Volunteer!
Inspire a student's career! Share your workplace and career insights by volunteering to be a job shadowing host. Learn more on our FAQs for Hosts (pdf) and register by October 21 to host a Job Shadow! Contact Tiffany Kurzawa, email@example.com, Assistant Director for the Center for Career Development, to learn more about the program.
Sampling of Shadowing Sites
- Jersey Shore Medical Center - Neptune, NJ
- Credit Suisse - Boston, MA
- A+E Networks - New York, NY
- U.S. Attorney's Office - Alexandria, VA
- Sen. John Heinz History Center - Pittsburgh, PA
- Clear Channel Outdoor - Philadelphia, PA
- NorDx Laboratories - Scarborough, ME
- BNY Mellon - New York, NY
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security - Fairfax, VA
- Reading Hospital & Medical Center - West Reading, PA
- Elementary, Secondary & Higher Education - Various locations
Limited funding is available for those students who need assistance with transportation costs in order to participate in the program. Students who will travel greater than 35 miles can apply for funding after they have been accepted for an opportunity.
Questions? Contact Rebecca Barth, firstname.lastname@example.org, Administrative Services Assistant.
January 2017 Job Shadowing
Shadowing Timeframe: One day January 9-20
Applications Available: Week of October 24
Applications Due: November 6 by 11:59p.m.
Students Notified: Before Thanksgiving Break
Students Decisions Due: November 28 by Noon
Mandatory Job Shadowing Preparation Workshop for Participants: Weeks of November 28 & December 5
*Students who are studying abroad at the time of the session will be sent information via email.