You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 17th by 11:59pm.
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary) Location: Camp Hill, PA. Shadowing Description: Here is a brief description of the initiative that I work for: Formed in 2004, Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool/Youth Development Network (PSAYDN) operates out of the Center for Schools and Communities in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. PSAYDN promotes sustainable, high-quality out-of-school time youth development programs through advocacy and capacity building to enhance the welfare of Pennsylvania’s children, youth and families. Pennsylvania is one of 40 states that are part of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation’s funding of statewide afterschool networks. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 10
- Lawrese Brown ’10 – Program Coordinator, New Jersey Needs You -http://www.newjerseyneedsyou.org/program (career field: Non-profit/Education Management/Social Work) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Students interested in non-profit, education management, or social work will have the opportunity to participate, facilitate, assist during a Saturday program workshop on January 11th. Students will witness first -hand and actively assist in running Saturday professional development workshops for our 25 college students and 25 professional volunteers (mentor coaches.) Students will have the opportunity to meet first-generation college students as well as expand their personal networks by meeting professionals from New York and New Jersey who work in various fields such as finance, healthcare, education, law, and technology. Available Date(s): Saturday, Jan. 11
- Melissa Kiehl '00 - Teacher/Gifted and Talented, Howard County Public School System (career field: Education) Location: Ellicott City, MD. Shadowing Description: I can set up shadowing with any academic department based on students' interests. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 10
- Sue Marotto '85, P15 - Health Teacher, Department Head, The Pingry School (career field: Education) Location: Basking Ridge, NJ. Shadowing Description: Monday's would give a student the best possible experience. I have 4 classes plus an all-school assembly and some down time for a tour of the campus. The school day for me starts at 7:45 and ends at 4:00, but obviously the student wouldn't need to stay the entire day. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 13
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit/Education) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Description: The students will have a tour of the school and then meet with the director of the school and the person in charge of development. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Regina Michel '91 - fifth grade STEM teacher, Carroll County Public Schools (career field: education) Location: Hampstead, MD. Shadowing Description: observe teaching of science and math. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Louisa Polos '08 - English/Social Studies Teacher (middle school), Rippowam Cisqua School (career field: Education) Location: Bedford, NY. Shadowing Description: Spend the day in the life of a middle school English/Social Studies teacher. Available Date(s): Flexible, but Fridays are half days
- Peter Vermilyea '94 - Social Studies Department Chair, Region One Schools (Housatonic Valley Regional High School) (career field: Education) Location: Falls Village, CT. Shadowing Description: Observe classes (teach a lesson if multi-day stay), discuss careers in education. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Mark Wursthorn '96 - Dean of Students, Windsor Locks Public Schools (career field: Education) Location: Windsor Locks, CT. Shadowing Description: A dean of students is similar to an assistant principal. I am in a high school. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary), John Skrabak (husband) '79 P'15 - Senior Business Intelligence Architect, Footlocker Corp. (career field: Business), Liz Williams '13 -Marketing Coordinator, LeadingAge PA (career field: Marketing) and Emily Miano ’13 - AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer for Nutrition and Sustainability, PSAYDN, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Non-Profit) Dinner Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania DINNER DATE: TBD, Unavailable Jan. 14
- Amy Marren '88 - Medical Lead, tofacitinib IBD program, Pfizer (career field: medicine), Sharon (Hilgen) Willis PhD ‘88 (chemistry major), Director of Manufacturing and Sales, Integral Molecular (career field: Biotechnology) and Dave Willis PhD, ‘91 (physics major) Teacher, Lower Merion School District (career field: Education) Dinner Location: Wayne, PA
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit/Education), Matthew McDevitt - Executive VP of Real Estate, BioMed Realty Trust (career field: Business/Real Estate) Location: Berwyn, PA
You can browse the entire List of Opportunities by Career Field or by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other