You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 2 by 11:59 p.m.
Not sure if you want to apply?
See what students have to say about their experience. Students Comments on the value of Job Shadowing and Career Networking Dinners. Want to learn more about Career Networking Dinners? See our blog post "Demystifying Career Networking Dinners".
- Ann Marie Conte P’15 - Nurse Manager Pediatric Area - Pediatrics PICU and PASS, K Hovnanian Children's Hospital, Jersey Shore Medical Center (career field: Healthcare Administration/Medicine, Government) Location: Neptune, NJ. Shadowing Description: Healthcare administration, marketing, business, finance, physician practices; I can also afford students an experience on government as I am on the township committee and was the former Mayor of my town. I am active and can also introduce students to the senator and assembly representatives for a great experience. Available Date(s): TBD
- Laurie de Castro ’10 – Operations Research Analyst/Cost Analyst, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) (career field: Government, Finance) Location: Patuxent, MD. Shadowing Description: The student would primarily shadow within the 4.2 Cost Department. As cost analysts within the department, we support the fleet of Naval Aviation by providing objective Independent Cost Estimates based on historical or analogous data. The estimates range from determining the cost to sustain a fighter jet for its entire service life to forecasting what a new airborne radar system will cost to acquire. In addition to shadowing within the Cost Department, there may be opportunity to meet with other departments for informal tours. U.S. Citizenship required. Available Date(s): Jan. 5-8, 12-15
- Matt Haag '94 - Assistant Vice-President of Institutional Initiatives AND City Councilmember, University of Rochester AND City of Rochester (career field: Higher Education/Development, Government) Location: Rochester, NY. Shadowing Description: Understanding the balance between a full-time career and serving as a citizen legislator. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Joseph Joiner '07 - Political Affairs Data, Systems, & Technology Manager, Credit Union National Association (career field: Government, Financial Services/Information Technology) Location: Washington, DC. Shadowing Description: Students will be able to see how a major trade association works in the political environment of DC. Individuals can learn about fundraising, advocacy, and lobbying on the federal level. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Benjamin Jones ’94 – Vice President of Administration, Battery Park City Authority (career field: Government, InfoTech/Computer) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: The Battery Park City Authority is a NY State public benefit corporation whose mission is to create, coordinate and maintain a balanced community of commercial, retail and park space within its designated 92-acre site on Manhattan's lower west side. The shadowing experience will include learning about the authority's operations ranging from technology and policy to parks and real estate and meeting the people involved in making it happen. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Keith Masback ’81 – CEO, U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (career field: Government, Non-Profit/Public Policy) Location: Herdon, VA. Shadowing Description: Learn about the national security community through the lens of an experienced military and government leader who is now the CEO of a nonprofit educational foundation supporting the intelligence, defense, and homeland security communities. U.S. Citizenship required. Available Date(s): Jan. 13-14
- Brendan Shelley ‘05 – Special Agent, U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement/Department of Homeland Security (career field: Government). Location: Northen VA/Washington, DC. Shadowing Description: Shadowing experience is flexible: tour, field trips to Federal Court/State Court; also available for after hours/weekend shadowing. U.S. Citizenship Required. Available Date(s): Jan. 7 or 8
- Tyler Yingling ’07 – Assistant Counsel, Governor of New Jersey (career field: Government) Location: Trenton, NJ. Shadowing Description: Students will have opportunity to visit the Governor's office in the NJ State House and learn about state government. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Arielle Distasio '12 - Management & Program Analyst, Department of Justice; Brian Hediger '12, History Interpreter, George Washington's Mount Vernon; Jessie Vatnick '12, Public Policy Associate, Planned Parenthood; Arielle has experience with hiring for the federal government and other administrative roles within the DoJ. (career fields: Human Resources, Government, Public Policy/Non-Profit, Education). Dinner Location: Washington, DC/Arlington, VA
- Matt Haag '94 - Assistant Vice-President for Institutional Initiatives AND City Councilmember, University of Rochester AND City of Rochester (career field: Higher Education/Development, Government) Dinner Location: Rochester, NY
- Brent LaRosa ’00 – Foreign Service Officer, U.S. State Department and Kathryn Porch ’02 – Foreign Service Officer, U.S. State Department (career fields: Government) Dinner Location: Arlington, VA
- Anne Lenrow ’12 – Account Manager, Bloomberg Government and Ellie Monahan '12, Sales Associate at Tory Burch (career fields: Government, Business/Sales, Fashion) Dinner Location: Washington, DC
- Keith Masback ’81 – CEO, U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (career field: Government, Non-Profit/Public Policy); Possibly David Tohn ’87, CEO BTS-S2. Dinner Location: Northern, VA DINNER DATE: Jan. 13 (students will attend an event in the evening, followed by dinner)
- Madeline Shepherd ‘09 – Legislative Associate, National Council of Jewish Women (career field: Non-Profit/Public Policy, Government) Happy to meet with any student interested in government relations, advocacy, and lobbying. Dinner Location: Washington, DC (can do dinner or coffee).
- David Tohn '87 – CEO, BTS-S2 (Retired Colonel of the US Army) (career field: Government, Business/Sales, Information/Technology) Dinner Location: Baltimore, MD
- Jodi Wayne ‘01 – Clinical Social Worker, Private Practice (BA Sociology, MSW from UMD) - currently doing therapy in private practice, with additional background in case management and working in schools as a social worker; Martin Wayne ’99 (BA in Math; Masters in Applied Math from Johns Hopkins; PhD in Reliability Engineering, UMD) - works for the Army as a civilian doing reliability work and research. He's a science and math guy. (career fields: Social Work, Government, Science/Math) Dinner Location: Bel Air, MD (willing to do dinner together or separate based on students’ interests).
- Tyler Yingling ’07 – Assistant Counsel, Governor of New Jersey (career field: Government) Dinner Location: Trenton, NJ
You can browse the entire list of opportunities by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other