You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 17th by 11:59pm.
- Kathleen Dugan P'15 - Librarian & Executive Director, Cleveland Law Library Association (career field: (Law) Librarianship) Location: Cleveland, OH. Shadowing Description: Observe legal reference service to lawyers and judges in the Cleveland area. Be shown how our computerized circulation system works. Attend any meetings scheduled.Tour library and courthouse. Go out to lunch. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Kaitlyn Lyons '10 - E-Z Borrow Support and Resource Sharing Librarian, University of Pennsylvania (career field: Librarian) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Description: Learn about working in an academic library. Available Date(s): Available between Jan. 6-9, 13-16
- Nicole McMullen '98 - Executive Director, Historical Society of Dauphin County (career field: Museums and Archives) Location: Harrisburg, PA. Shadowing Description: Daily life at a historical society. Museum and archives work as well as visitor services, marketing and business activities. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Leslie Przybylek '88 - Curator of History, Senator John Heinz History Center (career field: Museums and Non-profit) Location: Pittsburgh, PA. Shadowing Description: Students have opportunity to learn about two different sides of work in a large regional history center - with dual shadowing in the museum and the research library duirng the host day. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Janelle Wertzberger (Friend of the College) - Director of Reference/Instruction, Gettysburg College Musselman Library (career field: Library) Location: Gettysburg, PA. Shadowing Description: The shadowing opportunity can be built around the student’s interests. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
You can browse the entire List of Opportunities by Career Field or by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other