You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 17th by 11:59pm.
- Dr. David Fuchs '74 - Family Physician, Oyster Point Family Health Center (career field: Medicine-Family Practice and Geriatric Medicine) Location: Lancaster, PA. Shadowing Description: Student will observe a typical day in the life of a Family Physician in the office for the morning and doing rounds at a local Skilled Nursing Facility in the afternoon. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Dr. Robert Jones '80 - Chief of Infectious Diseases, Reading Health System (career field: Medicine) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: spend time in hospital on rounds and in infection prevention and possibly in hospital microbiology laboratory. This is a ½ day shadowing experience and includes dinner with Dr. Jones and Dr. Truex. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 10, Jan. 13
- Dr. Stephen Kareha '03 - Director of Physical Therapy Residency Education, St. Luke's University Health Network (career field: Physical Therapy) Location: Allentown, PA. Shadowing Description: Physical therapists work with patients of all ages to prevent and correct problems with movement. On various days I have patient care hours mixed with administrative and teaching time. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 13, Jan. 15, Jan. 16
- Steve Littleson '83 - Executive Director, Jersey Shore Medical Center (career field: Hospital Administration/Medicine) Location: Neptune, NJ. Shadowing Description: This 2-day experience will tentatively include observing a morning report session with the Department of Medicine, an afternoon observing various medical simulation exercises, and spending time with professionals in various departments: ob/gyn, internal medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, surgery, and emergency. Available Date(s): TBD with coordinator
- Dr. John Moran P'17 - Radiologist, West Reading Radiology Associates (career field: Diagnostic Radiology) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: Diagnostic Radiology which on any given day may include radiographs, cat scan, ultrasound, mammography or magnetic resonance imaging. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Dr. Jeff Oak '81 - Sr. Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Development, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (career field: Healthcare/Religion/Ethics/Non-Profit) Location: Marriottsville, MD. Shadowing Descriptions (2 different opportunities) Administrative Leadership in Non-Profit Health Care: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to get an inside look at two aspects of administrative leadership in Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (BSHSI), a non-profit health care system headquartered outside of Baltimore, that owns or manages 18 hospitals in 6 states, with 21,000 employees and annual revenues of $3.6 billion. Half of the day will be spent in the corporate office of BSHSI, with an introduction to some of the key departments involved in operating a large, complex health system e.g. finance, human resources, information technology, ethics, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and nursing. The second half of the day will be spent visiting one of BSHSI’s facilities, a hospital in an underserved and economically challenged part of Baltimore city, where BSHSI has made substantial investments in building a healthy community. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 10, or Jan. 17; Leadership in Corporate Ethics: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to spend the day with a group of Ethics Officers from corporations around the country at the semiannual meeting of the Ethics Resource Center (ERC) Fellows Program. Founded in 1922, ERC is America’s oldest nonprofit organization devoted to independent research and the advancement of high ethical standards in public and private institutions. This conference brings together practicing ethics officers from major corporations with academic experts in organizational ethics to share research and best practices, as well as to discuss key aspects of public policy pertaining to ethics programs in the US. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date: Jan. 16
- Dr. Kathleen Sardegna P'16 - Pediatrician, Staywell Health Center (career field: Medicine) Location: Waterbury, CT. Shadowing Description: Staywell is an FQHC center- thus it is a federally qualified center which offers care to lower a socio-economic population in the city of Waterbury. I am a pediatrician and see newborns to 18 years of age patients for regular physicals and ill visits. I work with other pediatricians, family medicine physicians and APRN'S. I see about 25-35 patients a day depending on the season. Students will follow me during the entire day of practice. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 10, Jan. 13, Jan. 14, Jan. 17
- Dr. David Talabiska '83, P'14 - DO, Central Pennsylvania Gastroenterology (career field: Medicine) Location: Lewisburg, PA. Shadowing Description: We like to have a one on one interaction with the students who would observe direct patient care in the office, procedure rooms, and hospital. We start at 7 am and do procedures in the morning, then see patients in the office starting at 1 pm until 4-5 pm. Friday we only have procedures in the morning with no afternoon office hours. We allow the students to spend as much time as they want throughout the day. Also, if any of your students are interested in being a PA, we have any excellent PA in our office and we can also set some time up with her. Available Date(s): TBD
- Dr. Raymond Truex ’63 – Neurosurgeon, RPS Spine and Brain Neurosurgery Center, Reading Hospital (career field: Medicine) Location: West Reading, PA. Shadowing Description: Students will shadow neurosurgeon on daily rounds and patient consultations. This is a ½ day shadowing experience and includes dinner with Dr. Truex and Dr. Jones. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 9, Jan. 10, Jan. 13
- Beth Young P'16 - President, Princeton Health Systems, Inc. (career field: Health promotion, registered dietitian) Location: Princeotn, NJ. Shadowing Description: See how a small business works. Participate in client interactions. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Dr. Amy Marren '88 - Medical Lead, tofacitinib IBD program, Pfizer (career field: medicine), Dr. Sharon (Hilgen) Willis PhD ‘88 (chemistry major), Director of Manufacturing and Sales, Integral Molecular (career field: Biotechnology) and Dr. Dave Willis PhD, ‘91 (physics major) Teacher, Lower Merion School District (career field: Education) Dinner Location: Wayne, PA
- Deborah Smith P'11, '13 - Managing Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield (career field: Healthcare) Dinner Location: Washington, DC
- Beth Young P'16 - President, Princeton Health Systems, Inc. (career field: Health promotion, registered dietitian) Dinner Location: Princeton, NJ
You can browse the entire List of Opportunities by Career Field or by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other