You can apply for opportunities through our online applications.
Applications are due by November 17th by 11:59pm.
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary) Location: Camp Hill, PA. Shadowing Description: Here is a brief description of the initiative that I work for: Formed in 2004, Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool/Youth Development Network (PSAYDN) operates out of the Center for Schools and Communities in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. PSAYDN promotes sustainable, high-quality out-of-school time youth development programs through advocacy and capacity building to enhance the welfare of Pennsylvania’s children, youth and families. Pennsylvania is one of 40 states that are part of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation’s funding of statewide afterschool networks. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 10
- Lawrese Brown ’10 – Program Coordinator, New Jersey Needs You -http://www.newjerseyneedsyou.org/program (career field: Non-profit/Education Management/Social Work) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Students interested in non-profit, education management, or social work will have the opportunity to participate, facilitate, assist during a Saturday program workshop on January 11th. Students will witness first -hand and actively assist in running Saturday professional development workshops for our 25 college students and 25 professional volunteers (mentor coaches.) Students will have the opportunity to meet first-generation college students as well as expand their personal networks by meeting professionals from New York and New Jersey who work in various fields such as finance, healthcare, education, law, and technology. Available Date(s): Saturday, Jan. 11
- Olivia Campbell Anderson '02 - Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff, Office of Govenor Martin O'Malley (career field: Government/Law (Environment, Policy, Lobbying)) Location: Annapolois, MD. Shadowing Description: http://www.gov.state.md.us/ Available Date(s): TBD
- Hannah Grose '13 - Gleaning Coordinator, South Central Community Action Programs (career field: Social Services, Agriculture, Food Justice) Location: Gettysburg, PA. Shadowing Description: If the student shadows on Tuesday, we will attend the Local Food Policy Council meeting, activites other than that will depend on the day. They may include grant research, deliveries or pick-ups from farms, gleaning, meetings, or traveling to farms and low income food distribution centers in the area. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 10, Jan. 13
- Cheryl Kamen '82 - Director of Adult Services, Hudson Guild (career field: Social Work/Social Services/Non-Profit/Aging/Administration) Location: New York, NY. Shadowing Description: Staff and/or department meetings, interaction with older adult participants, participation in activities/events; sit-in on walk-in social services, if interested. Lunch is included. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit/Education) Location: Philadelphia, PA. Shadowing Description: The students will have a tour of the school and then meet with the director of the school and the person in charge of development. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- David Nathan P'12 - Manager, Economics in Media Relations, AARP (major non-profit for 50 and older Americans) (career field: will shadow with Public Policy people at AARP) Location: Washington, DC 20049, DC. Shadowing Description: Attend policy-related meetings. It is very hard to predict this far in advance but, for example, we know that a policy meeting on older workers and related issues is held every Thursday. Available Date(s): Jan. 9, Jan. 16
- Jeff Oak '81 - Sr. Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Development, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (career field: Healthcare/Religion/Ethics/Non-Profit) Location: Marriottsville, MD. Shadowing Description: (2 different opportunities) Administrative Leadership in Non-Profit Health Care: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to get an inside look at two aspects of administrative leadership in Bon Secours Health System, Inc. (BSHSI), a non-profit health care system headquartered outside of Baltimore, that owns or manages 18 hospitals in 6 states, with 21,000 employees and annual revenues of $3.6 billion. Half of the day will be spent in the corporate office of BSHSI, with an introduction to some of the key departments involved in operating a large, complex health system e.g. finance, human resources, information technology, ethics, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and nursing. The second half of the day will be spent visiting one of BSHSI’s facilities, a hospital in an underserved and economically challenged part of Baltimore city, where BSHSI has made substantial investments in building a healthy community. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date(s): Jan. 6, Jan. 7, Jan. 8, Jan. 10, or Jan. 17; Leadership in Corporate Ethics: This job shadowing opportunity will provide students an opportunity to spend the day with a group of Ethics Officers from corporations around the country at the semiannual meeting of the Ethics Resource Center (ERC) Fellows Program. Founded in 1922, ERC is America’s oldest nonprofit organization devoted to independent research and the advancement of high ethical standards in public and private institutions. This conference brings together practicing ethics officers from major corporations with academic experts in organizational ethics to share research and best practices, as well as to discuss key aspects of public policy pertaining to ethics programs in the US. Dr. Oak is a Trustee of Gettysburg College and has a Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and Master of Divinity from Yale University. Available Date: Jan. 16
- Leslie Przybylek '88 - Curator of History, Senator John Heinz History Center (career field: Museums and Non-profit) Location: Pittsburgh, PA. Shadowing Description: Students have opportunity to learn about two different sides of work in a large regional history center - with dual shadowing in the museum and the research library duirng the host day. Available Date(s): Flexible (All dates are available)
- Caroline Allen '79, P'15 - PA Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Educational Statewide Intermediary), John Skrabak (husband) '79 P'15 - Senior Business Intelligence Architect, Footlocker Corp. (career field: Business), Liz Williams '13 -Marketing Coordinator, LeadingAge PA (career field: Marketing) and Emily Miano ’13 - AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer for Nutrition and Sustainability, PSAYDN, Center for Schools and Communities (career field: Non-Profit) Dinner Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania DINNER DATE: TBD, Unavailable Jan. 14
- Ann Felter '96 - Executive Director, Early Music America (career field: Nonprofit arts) and David Martin (husband, Penn State alum) - Sr. Vice President, Michael Baker Corp. (career field: Engineering/Consulting) Dinner Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Hannah Grose '13 - Gleaning Coordinator, South Central Community Action Programs (career field: Social Services, Agriculture, Food Justice), Camille Horton '12 - WIC Nutrition Assistant; Heather Thomas '13 - Americorp*VISTA Food Policy Council Coordinator; Carla Snyder, Penn State Agricultural Extension Services Educator. Dinner Location: Gettysburg, PA
- Bill Matz '61 - Major General, US Army; VP with Defense Industry; President/CEO non-profit of an association, (retired) (career field: US Army, defense industry) Dinner Location: Northern VA/DC Area
- Holly McDevitt ’87 – Board Member, Hope Partnership for Education (career field: Non-Profit/Education), Matthew McDevitt - Executive VP of Real Estate, BioMed Realty Trust (career field: Business/Real Estate) Location: Berwyn, PA
You can browse the entire List of Opportunities by Career Field or by Location. You can also browse opportunities by category. You can easily search through the opportunities by hitting CTRL+F to bring up a search box in your web browser or PDF.
Arts/Music - Business/Sales/Insurance – Consulting – Education – Entrepreneur - Event Planning - Finance/Investment – Government - Higher Education/Development - Human Resources - Information Technology/Computer – Law - Library/Museum - Medicine/Healthcare - Non-Profit/Public Policy - Public Relations/Communications (Media, Advertising, Marketing) - Sciences/Research - Social Work - Sports Management/Industry –Other