Skip to main content

Gettysburg College's Health & Counseling Services does not prescribe medications for ADHD management. We, however, do counsel students with ADHD diagnoses; students are welcome to come in to these offices for support. Students with ADHD may also be eligible for disability services through Academic Advising. /about/offices/provost/advising/disabilities

We encourage students who need medication for ADHD to work with their physicians at home to provide their prescriptions while they are here at College. Students may want to advance schedule appointments with their home physicians to coincide with College breaks.

Students for whom continuing care through their home providers is not viable are encouraged to seek private local care in Gettysburg. View a list of local providers.

Please note that most local agencies are likely to require students to see a counselor before being referred for psychiatric medications. Also, as with any healthcare facility, students may have a wait before their first scheduled appointment. Therefore, we encourage all students to call well in advance for appointments with these local providers.