One of the many free services provided by the Counseling Center is outreach to the Gettysburg campus community. A counseling services staff member or collaborating College administrator can come to your class, organization, group, or planned event to present on a topic of your choice that fits your needs.
Our staff is trained and qualified to present on a variety of topics. Submit a request for a topic you would like us to cover, and we will inform you whether it is a presentation we can provide or if another office on campus might better suited to meet your needs.
Length of presentations/workshops typically range from 45-60 minutes.
Here are some examples of outreach topics:
* General information on Health and Counseling Services
* Self-care & Stress Management
* Mindfully Managing Stress
* Managing Anxiety & Depression
* Working through Grief & Loss
* Developing Healthy Communication & Boundaries in Relationships
* Your Sexuality & Health in College
* Adjusting to College (Cindy Wright & College Life)
* Career Development (Center for Career Development)
* Post-graduation: Planning for life after graduation (Center for Career Development)
* Drug, Alcohol, & Other Addictions Education
* You can still succeed: support and resources available for survivors of the big four (DPS)
* What next? Moving forward after DPS interactions (DPS)
* Signs of Dating Violence; where to turn, and how to help (DPS)
Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. There are times in the semester when we are unable to present due to lack of staff availability. You will be informed if Counseling Services or the collaborating college department is unable to fulfill your request.
After an Outreach Request is made:
Counseling Services will follow up with you to let you know if we will be able to fulfill your request. The staff member who will be presenting the outreach will then be in contact with you. If you have any additional questions, please contact Terry Cotter, Senior Administrative Assistant via email or call 717-337-6960.
To make a Request for a presentation:
Please fill out this request form at least 3 weeks in advance of the requested presentation date.