Weekly Shares Offered June 1 - October 12, 2016
REGISTER TO BECOME A MEMBER NOW!
Sign up before #CSADay on Feb 26 and receive a free Painted Turtle Farm T-Shirt!
HOW THE CSA WORKS:
We are selling both weekly and biweekly shares.
The weekly share costs $440. The biweekly share costs $220. This is an average weekly cost of $22.
The weekly share is 20 weeks of produce from approximately June 1st – Oct 12th, 2016. The biweekly share is 10 weeks offered every other week during that period. Please note that exact start and end dates will be determined based on produce availability, which depends on weather and other growing conditions.
- The size of the share is ample for a family of 4.
Pick-up will be at the Center for Public Service on Wednesdays from 10am-4pm.
- This year, PTF is partnering with Rambling River Pastured, a new farm run by Meredith Pridham located at 2575 Chambersburg St. We offer Rambling River Pastured's meat and egg CSA as an add-ons that you may buy along with your PTF share. Rambling River Pastured subscribes to sustainable practices. Their chickens eat non-GMO feed and all the bugs and grass they want, their steers are exclusively grass-fed, they have omega-3 rich pastured eggs, and they do not use antibiotics or hormones.
- There are two meat options: beef and poultry. Rambling River offers weekly and biweekly shares in two sizes to complement your PTF share. The small share provides about 2 meals per distribution for a family of 2-3 and 1 dozen eggs. The large share provides about 2 meals per distribution for a family of 3 or more—double the amount of the small share - and 2 dozen eggs.
- There is also an egg-only share offered weekly or biweekly that offers a dozen eggs per week.
- The beef, poultry and egg shares are not exclusive. You can buy any combination of the three.
- Pick-up will be at the same time and location as your PTF CSA.
- Products and prices:
Weekly small share: $675
Bieekly small share: $350
Weekly large share: $1260
Bieekly large share: $645
Weekly small share: $875
Bieekly small share: $440
Weekly large share: $1675
Bieekly large share: $840
EGGS ONLY (1 dozen/week)
Weekly share: $80
Bieekly share: $40
- Time and convenience, your share will be ready when you arrive for a quick and easy pick up on campus.
- You will receive an assortment of fresh seasonal vegetables, herbs and flowers as they become available every week.
- You will know exactly where your food came from and how it was produced. We are Certified Naturally Grown which means we don't use any synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMO seeds, just like organic farms.
- You will be supporting a campus movement for sustainability and food justice
- You will have the opportunity to visit the farm, get to know the students and community members growing the vegetables, participate in community potlucks at PTF and join educational sessions about gardening.
- In joining the CSA, members have chosen to partner with the PTF farmers, sharing in both the risks and bounty.
- Though PTF will provide members with the best produce possible, there may be times when production is impacted by variables that are out of our control (weather and other growing conditions)
- Members will not receive their money back if, for whatever reason, decide to discontinue shares once the season has started.
SPRING: Spinach, Kale, Collards, Baby Greens Mix, Arugula, lettuce (head and mix), Cabbage, Radish, Beets, Broccoli, Peas, Rhubarb, Herbs, Asparagus, Celery, Joi Choi Greens
SUMMER: Tomatoes, Basil, Collards, Mustard, Fennel, Zucchini, Cucumber, Kale, Summer Squash, Eggplant, Pepper, Melon, Potatoes, Turnip, Beans, Onion, Garlic, Cut Flowers
FALL: Carrots, Spinach, Broccoli, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Leeks, Winter Squash, Beans, Beets, Radish, Onion, Parsnip, Cut Flowers