Weekly Shares Offered May - September, 2015
HOW THE CSA WORKS:
- This is the first year providing Community Supporting Agriculture Shares through PTF.
- We are selling only ten (10) full shares to members of the Gettysburg College community.
- The size of the share is ample for a family of 4.
- Each share costs $420. This is an average weekly cost of $22.
- The cost covers 19 weeks of produce from approximately May 27 - Sept 23, 2015. Please note that exact starting and ending dates will be determined based on produce availability, which depends on weather and other growing conditions.
- Pick up is at the Center for Public Service on Wednesdays from 10am-4pm.
WHY SUPPORT PTF?
- Time and convenience, your share will be ready when you arrive for a quick and easy pick up on campus.
- You will receive an assortment of fresh seasonal vegetables, herbs and flowers as they become available every week.
- You will know exactly where your food came from and how it was produced. We are Certified Naturally Grown which means we don't use any synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMO seeds, just like organic farms.
- You will be supporting a campus movement for sustainability and food justice
- You will have the opportunity to visit the farm, get to know the students and community members growing the vegetables, participate in community potlucks at PTF and join educational sessions about gardening.
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?
- In joining the CSA, members have chosen to partner with the PTF farmers, sharing in both the risks and bounty.
- Though PTF will provide members with the best produce possible, there may be times when production is impacted by variables that are out of their control (weather and other growing conditions)
- Members will not receive their money back if, for whatever reason, decide to discontinue shares once the season has started.
WHAT TYPE OF VEGETABLES MAY BE AVAILABLE?
SPRING: Spinach, Kale, Collards, Baby Greens Mix, Arugula, lettuce (head and mix), Cabbage, Radish, Beets, Broccoli, Peas, Rhubarb, Herbs, Asparagus, Celery, Joi Choi Greens
SUMMER: Tomatoes, Basil, Collards, Mustard, Fennel, Zucchini, Cucumber, Kale, Summer Squash, Eggplant, Pepper, Melon, Potatoes, Turnip, Beans, Onion, Garlic, Cut Flowers
FALL: Carrots, Spinach, Broccoli, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Leeks, Winter Squash, Beans, Beets, Radish, Onion, Parsnip, Cut Flowers