Weekly Shares Offered May 30 - October 10, 2018
HOW THE CSA WORKS:
We are selling both weekly and biweekly shares.
The weekly share costs $440. The biweekly share costs $240. If you choose to purchase by the week (minimum of 6 weeks), the weekly cost is $25.
The weekly share is 20 weeks of produce from approximately May 30st – Oct 10th, 2018. The biweekly share is 10 weeks offered every other week during that period. Please note that exact start and end dates will be determined based on produce availability, which depends on weather and other growing conditions.
- The size of the share is ample for a family of 4.
Pick-up will be at the Center for Public Service on Wednesdays from 10am-4pm.
Types of vegetables that will be available include:
SPRING: Spinach, Kale, Collards, Baby Greens Mix, Arugula, lettuce (head and mix), Cabbage, Radish, Beets, Broccoli, Peas, Rhubarb, Herbs, Asparagus, Celery, Joi Choi Greens
SUMMER: Tomatoes, Basil, Collards, Mustard, Fennel, Zucchini, Cucumber, Kale, Summer Squash, Eggplant, Pepper, Melon, Potatoes, Turnip, Beans, Onion, Garlic, Cut Flowers
FALL: Carrots, Spinach, Broccoli, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Leeks, Winter Squash, Beans, Beets, Radish, Onion, Parsnip, Cut Flowers
- We offer Rambling River Pastured's meat and egg as an add-on to your PTF share.
- Pick-up will be at the same time and location as your PTF CSA.
- Rambling River Pastured chickens eat non-GMO feed and all the bugs and grass they want, their steers are exclusively grass-fed, they have omega-3 rich pastured eggs, and they do not use antibiotics or hormones.
- You will create a Rambling River Pastured Farm Account with as much money as you'd like.
- Each week you decide what items you want from the PRODUCT LIST. Then, call or text Meredith at 717-624-2141 by Monday night for your items to be ready on Wednesday with your PTF share.
- You will be able to request and reserve products by placing advance orders (meaning for a future week).
- You will be able to establish a repeating order (for example, 2 dozen eggs every week).
- All orders are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Any money left in your account at the end of the season can be redeemed next season.
- Time and convenience, your share will be ready when you arrive for a quick and easy pick up on campus.
- You will receive an assortment of fresh seasonal vegetables, herbs and flowers as they become available every week.
- You will know exactly where your food came from and how it was produced. We are Certified Naturally Grown which means we don't use any synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMO seeds, just like organic farms.
- You will be supporting a campus movement for sustainability and food justice
- You will have the opportunity to visit the farm, get to know the students and community members growing the vegetables, participate in community potlucks at PTF and join educational sessions about gardening.
- In joining the CSA, members have chosen to partner with the PTF farmers, sharing in both the risks and bounty.
- Though PTF will provide members with the best produce possible, there may be times when production is impacted by variables that are out of our control (weather and other growing conditions)
- Members will not receive their money back if, for whatever reason, decide to discontinue shares once the season has started.