Preparation for leadership in today's world requires the development of a broad range of knowledge, skills, attitudes, etc. To help Gettysburg students and alumni advance their leadership ability, the GLC has created a leadership model that outlines core foundations and competencies of leadership. This framework provides a consistent and intentional approach to leadership development for all GLC initiatives.
Rooted in the foundational values of Ethics/Integrity and Civic Responsibility, the GLC Leadership Model is comprised of following leadership competencies:
- Self Awareness: An ability to authentically and realistically assess who you are.
- Engaging Difference: An ability to empathetically engage with others different from yourself to create new opportunities
- Collaboration: An ability to work with others towards a common purpose
- Influence: An ability to have an effect on others independent of formal power
- Vision and Strategy: An ability to see the big picture and develop a strategy to accomplish a shared vision