8th Annual Twisted Turkey Trail Tussle
November 12th, 2016
"In terms of pain, this far exceeds the Marine Corps Marathon,"
-Miles Aitken, first place 2012
The new and improved Twisted Turkey (or Meleagris gallopavo)Trail Tussle is a 5k/10k/15k race through the winding trails within the Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve. Interested individuals are invited to walk, jog or run either the 5,10, or 15 kilometer course. This race is the perfect way to enjoy the colorful autumn foliage and burn some extra calories before Thanksgiving. That, or you can gain them right back on turkey dogs and beer from the Butcher Block and the Appalachian Brewing Company immediately following the race. It's up to you.
Either way there will be great competition, food and live music. Why haven't you signed up yet?
Race location: Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve, Fairfield, PA
Date: November 12th, 2016
Awards: Eight award categories from toms to hens, and poults to just old.
This race will be chipped timed by PaRunners.
Packet pick up will begin November 11th at Gettysburg College from 8:00am-6:00pm in the GRAB office located in Plank basement.
Race day packet pick will be moved to Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve.
- 7:45am Check-in begins for all racers
- 8:40am Power walker briefing
- 9:00am Power walkers begin 10k course
- 9:00am Walk-Ins must register by this time to ensure chip is active
- 9:30am Check-in closes
- 9:35am Course briefing will begin promptly
- 9:50am Racers to the start lines
- 9:58am Racers move onto the road & traffic stops
- 10:00am Racers begin 5k/10k/15k course
- 12:15pm Awards, raffle, and recovery with beer and food.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the GRAB Office at 717.337.6313 with any questions.