5th Annual Twisted Turkey Trail Tussle
November 15th, 2014
"In terms of pain, this far exceeds the Marine Corps Marathon,"
-Miles Aitken, first place 2012
The Twisted Turkey (or Meleagris gallopavo)Trail Tussle is a 10k/10mi race through the winding trails within the Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve. Interested individuals are invited to walk, jog or run either the 10k or 10 mile course. There will also be a trail trot for those looking to get involved and stretch their legs.This race is the perfect way to enjoy the colorful autumn foliage and burn some extra calories before Thanksgiving. That, or you can gain them right back on turkey dogs and beer from Appalachian Brewing Company and The Ragged Edge immediately following the race. It's up to you.
Either way there will be great competition, food and live music. Why haven't you signed up yet?
Race location: Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve, Fairfield, PA
Date: November 15th, 2014
Awards: Eight award categories from toms to hens, and poults to just old.
This race will be chipped timed by PaRunners.
- 7:45am Check-in begins for all racers
- 8:40am Power walker briefing
- 9:00am Power walkers begin 10k/10mi course
- 9:00am Walk-Ins must register by this time to ensure chip is active
- 9:30am Check-in closes
- 9:35am Course briefing will begin promptly
- 9:50am Racers to the start lines
- 9:58am Racers move onto the road/traffic stops
- 10:00am Racers begin 10k/10mi/ 1 mile course
- 12:15pm Awards, raffle, and recovery with beer and food.
Sponsors and Friends
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the GRAB Office at 717.337.6319 with any questions.