The Office of Multicultural Engagement promotes an inclusive campus culture, one where students are encouraged to engage through participation in initiatives and programs which stress the value of diversity at Gettysburg College. Through campus programming, student engagement, and cultural immersion, the office seeks to create distinctive opportunities for healthy discourse, allowing students to feel empowered sharing aspects of their own diversity, which will benefit their cultural competency.
Initiatives offered by the Office of Multicultural Engagement includes:
- One-on-One mentorship for first-year students of color and first-generation students
- Partnerships with campus services to support upper class students for internships and study abroad opportunities
- Co-curricular programming with faculty to enhance critical study, thought, and reflection around issues of race, ethnicity, socio-economics, and social justice
- Social programming and off-campus trips
- Supporting historically underrepresented student groups