Join a Club or Organization
Gettysburg College currently has over 90 registered clubs and organizations on campus representing a wide array of interests and hobbies. All clubs and organizations at Gettysburg College are open to any member of the community. You can find more detailed information about clubs and organizations on their web space or through the Extra-Curricular link in the Student Center. You can also contact the Office of Student Activities and First Year Programs, located in CUB 240, by calling (717)334-6304. We encourage all students to take this opportunity to get involved on campus in whatever facet interests them.
And remember, if you don't see what you're looking for in our current clubs and organizations, you can always start a new club.
Start a New Club or Organization
So you want to get involved on campus, but don't see the club or organization you are interested in, no worries. It's easy to start your own organization. The Office of Student Activities & First Year Programs has established a procedure for students interested in beginning a new club or organization. Please use the following Registration Checklist as a guide in progressing through the registration process.
- Meet with the Director or Assistant Director of Student activities to outline the Clubs and Organizations Registration Process.
- Attain a minimum of 8 members
- Attain an advisor who is considered full-time faculty (not on a sabbatical), staff or administrator.
- Draft a Constitution (DOC) or Bylaws
- Elect a minimum of 2 officers (President/Chair and Treasurer)
- Complete the Clubs and Organizations Registration Form.
- Have your advisor complete the Advisor Tutorial.
- Submit Registration Form, Advisor Tutorial and Constitution online. (Please email the constitution to the clubs and organizations liaison, Taylor Bury, at email@example.com.)