Philosophy of the Code of Conduct
Gettysburg College seeks to establish and maintain an environment that provides for the development of the young adult as a whole person with an emphasis on inquiry, integrity, and mutual respect. The College expects its students to conduct themselves in all places and at all times in such a manner as to show respect for themselves, others, and the community. The Gettysburg College community fosters respect for the rights and dignity of all residents, including members of both majority and minority groups. Gettysburg College students are members of the academic College community, the greater Gettysburg community, and global society and are expected to abide by the College's policies at all times.
The Student Conduct Review Board's (SCRB) membership is diverse and represents a vast array of campus constituencies. As dictated in the Code of Conduct the board's membership is comprised of:
- Students appointed by the Student Senate
- Professors appointed by the Faculty Council
- Administrators appointed by the VP for College Life & Dean of Students
Listed above are the principal voting members of SCRB. When a panel of the board is convened, the chair, a non-voting member of the community will conduct the hearing. The panel will also consist of 3 students, 1 professor, and 1 administrator.
Listed below is the current roster for SCRB for the 2013-2014 academic year:
- Jennifer McCary, email@example.com, Director of the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities x6998
- Jeff Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Dean of College Life x6900
- Danielle Phillips
- Andrew Barclay
- John Regentin
- Lynn Burke
- Gretchen Natter
- Seniors: Jim Fellinger'14, Camille Black'14, Anthony McComiskey'14, Caleb Bowers'14, Darren McAuliffe'14, Rex Yin'14, Jake Hughes'14, Lulu Morin'14, Chris Dellana'14, Kaleigh Sosa'14
- Juniors: Conor Brooks'15, Andrea Buchanan'15, Jordan Cinderich'15, Matthew Nadler'15, Joseph Passmore'15, Sarah Cardwell'15
- Sophomores: Sarah Roessler'16
- Professor Scott Hancock
- Professor Veronica Calvillo
- Professor Rebeca Bataller
- Professor Christopher D'Addario
- Professor Rim Baltaduonis
- Professor McKinley Melton
- Professor Kathy Berenson
- Manny Ruiz, Courtney Wege, Monique Mathews, Erin Duran, Scott Wojciechowski, Tiffany Kurzawa, Dwayne Taylor, Keira Kant, Kathy Williams
Want to be a Member of SCRB?
Applications are made available for students in the Spring Semester of every academic year through this webpage, digest posts, Student Senate meetings, and in the Office of College Life.
- Candidates are interviewed by the Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities and the President of the Student Senate (or designee).
- Candidates will then be notified by President of the Student Senate if they have been accepted via a letter or email.
Applications for SCRB & Student Advocacy Council
Applications for the Student Conduct Review Board are now available.
Printable Application: SCRB Application (PDF)
Online Application: SCRB Online Application (google docs)
Applications for the Student Advocacy Council are now available.
Printable Application: SAC Application (PDF)
Online Application: SAC Online Application (google docs)
Deadline for submission: Friday March 9, 2012 at 5pm.
Have Questions about SCRB?
Have questions about the Student Conduct Review Board and its processes? Feel free to contact the Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities, Jennifer McCary, at email@example.com.