Early Arrival - Fall 2014
All residence halls for upperclass students will open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014. Check-in and key pick-up will occur in CUB 250 on Saturday, August 30, 2014, 8:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. Check-in and key pick-up will continue on Sunday, August 31, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Some upperclass students will need to be on campus before August 30, 2014; this is considered an early arrival. Please review the information below in order to plan travel back to campus in a manner that makes it possible for to access your room when you arrive.
First-year student move-in is scheduled for Wednesday, August 27, 2014. First-year students may arrive on campus early ONLY if they are part of a group approved for early arrival (athletic team, band, etc.).
Group Early Arrivals
Gettysburg College and its staff is committed to providing on campus housing for student groups needing to arrive on campus early either because of external requirements of the program (e.g. NCAA Athletics) or due to the inherent needs of the program (e.g. Orientation).
If you are a member of an organization/group arrival early (athletic team, band, etc.) you should not submit an individual request for early arrival. The department hosting you will submit your name to the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs.
Individual Early Arrival Guidelines and Fee Schedule for Upperclass Students
- Students must use CNAV/MyHousing to request an early arrival (see section below for more details).
- Once your request is submitted, your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted via email of your approval status.
- Requests to arrive earlier than Saturday, August 23, 2014, will NOT be honored.
- Early arrival requests must be made for arrival within the dates and times set below:
- Saturday, August 23 - 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 24 - 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 25 and Tuesday, August 26 - 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 27 - NO early arrivals -- first-year student check-in ONLY
- Thursday, August 28 and Friday, August 29 - 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon-1:00 p.m.)
- Below is the fee schedulefor individuals who request to return prior to Saturday, August 30, 2014. Please note that students requesting to drop off personal items will also be charged a fee based on the schedule below. Fees associated with early arrival will be billed directly to the student's account.
- $100 for students who submit their request between Monday, July 21, 2014, and Sunday, August 10, 2014.
- $200 for students who submit their request after Sunday, August 10, 2014
- $200 for students who arrive on campus prior to Saturday, August 30, 2014, without submitting a request and/or being approved for early arrival
Submitting a Request for Early Arrival
- Log on to CNAV MyHousing (https://cnav.gettysburg.edu/)
- Select "Go to Early Arrival/Break Housing"
- Read all information on the Housing Agreement page and click the "I Agree" button
- Click "Continue with Application" on the Application Payment screen
- Select requested early arrival date from drop-down menu
- Enter reason for request (50 characters or less)
- Click "Complete Application"
Once your request is submitted, your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted via email of your approval status within one week of submitting your request.
Important Check-in Reminders for Upperclass Students
- ALL students will be required to show their student ID when checking in and picking up their room key(s).
- All upperclass students must complete the Upperclass Dashboard in the Student Centerprior to their return to campus in August. Students requesting an early arrival will not be approved for early arrival until they complete the Upperclass Dashboard.
- Please keep in mind that meal plans do not start until Saturday, August 30, 2014. It is also important to know that in the weeks before the halls officially open in August, Facilities Services, IT, Residential & First-Year Programs, and many other departments are converting all campus rooms from summer conference spaces to academic year spaces. As a result, there is a great deal of work completed to attend to the early arrival requests while simultaneously preparing the campus for the opening of the new academic year. For this reason you will notice that there are fees assessed if you return early. We also ask that students be patient and considerate with departments as they assist with early arrival needs while also preparing their staffs for the beginning of the academic year.
Please contact the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs at 717-337-6901 or email@example.com.