Gettysburg College has nine fraternities and six sororities. All but two fraternities (Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma) have a residential component. Each sorority has its own chapter room in Ice House A. 

Living in a Fraternity House

Living in the chapter house is an important component of the fraternity experience. At Gettysburg College there are ten fraternities that have chapter houses. Four of the houses are owned by alumni corporations while the remaining houses are college-owned. It is important that fraternities keep the houses at full capacity. It is also critical that seniors live in the house to provide appropriate chapter leadership and contribute to the successful management of the chapter.

Fraternities are required to fill all bed spaces in the chapter house. A house may have vacancies only if the organization does not have sufficient members on campus to fill the house. Members will not be allowed to select other housing options (campus residence hall or off-campus housing) until the Office of Greek Organizations receives the organization's House Roster demonstrating that the house is at capacity. If a student does not want to live in his fraternity house, he must speak with his chapter leadership to ensure that the chapter house will be full before he makes plans for alternative housing. (Note: Members who are required to live in their house but do not wish to live there have the option to disaffiliate from the organization.)

Fees for living in non college-owned fraternity houses are set by the individual chapter's Alumni Corporation. College owned fraternity room rates are established by the College. The College collects all fraternity housing fees as part of the billing process. For those houses not owned by the College these funds are passed on to the fraternity's Alumni Corporations. Fraternity members may also be subject to other fees associated with their fraternity alumni corporation to help offset the cost of house operations. These fees are determined upon by the Alumni Corporation, but collected through the college billing process.