Gettysburg College is committed to assisting all members of the Gettysburg College community in providing for their own safety and security. This commitment includes the open disclosure of campus crimes and safety and security policies and practices. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and compliance document is available on this website for your review and information. Community members, students, faculty, staff, and guests are encouraged to report all crimes and public safety related incidents to the Gettysburg College Department of Public Safety (DPS) in a timely manner. DPS can be contacted by calling (717)337-6911. Emergencies and criminal incidents can also be reported to the Gettysburg Borough Police by dialing 911.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains important information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as:
- Sexual Assault and Awareness Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness Programming
- Crime Prevention Programming
- Policy on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, and Title IX
- Crime Reporting and the Reporting of Emergencies
- Timely warnings and Campus Safety Alerts
- Fire Safety Programming, Policies, and Statistics
- Access to and Security of Campus Facilities
- Public Safety Resources
- Emergency Mass Notification during Campus Emergency Situations
- Alcohol and Drug Policies and Programming
- Campus Emergency Operations; including drills and evacuation.
- Relevant and Current Campus Crime Statistics