Public Safety is committed to the delivery and implementation of high quality services in a manner consistent with its organizational philosophy and strategy of Community Service Oriented Patrolling or CSOP. CSOP is a non-traditional paradigm that views safety and security operations as a proactive, collaborative, and all inclusive process.
CSOP is focused on three guiding principles:
- The establishment of the campus
- Quality of life
- Inter-dependant problem-solving and decision-making designed to reduce the negative impact problems have on the creation of a safe campus environment.
The College community's wants, needs, and desires regarding safety and security services are at the forefront of this proactive approach. CSOP seeks to address the causes of crime and reduce the fear of crime and social disorder through proactive, collaborative, and community centered problem-solving strategies and security-community partnerships.
Department of Public Safety provides the following non-inclusive list of services:
- Community Policing
- Responses to Medical and other Emergencies
- Fire and Intrusion Alarm Monitoring and Response
- Courtesy Vehicle Jump-Starts
- Crime Prevention Programs
- Nightly Residence Hall Security
- Investigations / Lost and Found
- Security Escorts
- Proactive Patrols of all Buildings and Grounds on Campus, and any Off-Campus Properties
- Special Event Coverage
- Shuttle Service
We are committed to service to the College Community, if you have any feedback for us, please contact us either online, in person, or by phone (717) 337-6912. We want to hear from you!