Campus solicitation and fund-raising may be conducted on the Gettysburg College campus provided that prior written permission has been obtained from the Office of Student Activities & First Year Programs and the College Bookstore Director.
Guidelines for solicitation and fund-raising by student organizations and departments are as follows:
- To initiate the campus solicitation process, an R25 request must be submitted (http://events.gettysburg.edu)
- Secure written permission from the Office of Student Activities & First Year Programs and the College Bookstore Director.
- Solicitation and fund-raising is restricted to the College Union Building. The area inside and outside Musselman Stadium is not available for solicitation.
- Fund raising, soliciting or selling goods and services in residential or academic buildings is prohibited.
- Fund-raising for charitable organizations must be approved by the Office of Student Activities & First Year Programs. All funds raised must go directly to the charitable organization named, with no exception.
- Student organizations, departments and outside vendors soliciting and selling goods for personal gain must secure prior written approval from the College Bookstore Director (see VENDOR SALES).
- Vendor or "trunk show" solicitation with student organizations and departments is prohibited.
- No funds may be used for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- The sale of products or services, including sales methods, must be consistent with the high standards of Gettysburg College as an academic and residential community. Each organization is responsible for the fund-raising or solicitation activity it conducts or sponsors. The organization must fully disclose its name on all fund raising or solicitation advertising.
- Items shall not be purchased nor commitments made prior to permission being granted by the Office of Student Activities & First Year Programs and the College Bookstore Director.
- No permission will be given to place advertisements, signage or flyers on vehicles located on or adjacent to college property. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Department of Public Safety.
- Use of the College network and/or personal web pages to offer goods or services of a business or commercial nature is prohibited, pursuant to the College's educational or business mission.