- Tips for Using Responsive Templates
- Tips for Facebook Page Managers
- CMS Content Checklist - a checklist for adding content to CMS.
- Basic CMS Part 1 - Revised Sept. 2009, covers overall CMS layout, editing content, creating content, loading images and files, and reusing content.
- Basic CMS Part 2 - covers creating good content, copying content, and editing the left navigation menu.
- Forms and reports - using the form builder tool and CMS reports.
- Flickr - using Flickr for photo galleries.
- CMS Basic Training Guide - a compilation of the PDF resources listed below.
Resources from dotCMS
Video tutorials from dotCMS.
- Introduction to the WYSIWYG Field
- Creating a Photo Gallery
- Creating an HTML Page
- Introduction to the Website Browser tab
- Create and Reuse Content from Content Tab and HTML page
- Edit, Preview, and Live modes on HTML Pages
CMS Basics (pdf)
Please note that these will be updated after the CMS upgrade scheduled for the fall of 2013.
- Accessing CMS (UPDATED)
- Creating a new web page (UPDATED)
- Creating new content (UPDATED)
- Editing content (UPDATED)
- Reusing content (UPDATED)
- Creating a new folder
- Adding a page to the left hand navigation menu
- Adding a folder on the left hand navigation menu
- Creating sub-menus within the left hand navigation menu
- Adding news to new dept pages (UPDATED)
- Making content element available to another office or department
- Locating an available content element from another department or office
- How to update faculty or staff profiles on the website
- Adding a hyperlink (UPDATED)
- Adding a graphic
- Resizing a picture or graphic
- Adding rotating content
Social Media Resources
Resources for Social Media Page Managers on campus.