Web Update Request Form
Fill out this form if you'd like us to complete a website update for you.
The next CMS Trainings will be on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 1:00pm - 2:00pm and Monday, November 2, 2015 from 10:00am - 11:00am in the Library Classroom 014. This will go over CMS Basics. Email Shawna (firstname.lastname@example.org) to attend.
- Tips for Using Responsive Templates
- Tips for Facebook Page Managers
- CMS Content Checklist - a checklist for adding content to CMS.
- Basic CMS Part 1 - Revised Sept. 2009, covers overall CMS layout, editing content, creating content, loading images and files, and reusing content.
- Basic CMS Part 2 - covers creating good content, copying content, and editing the left navigation menu.
- Forms and reports - using the form builder tool and CMS reports.
- Flickr - using Flickr for photo galleries.
Alumni Profile Form: for departments to send to alumni & receive updates for web content
Resources from dotCMS
Video tutorials from dotCMS.
- Introduction to the WYSIWYG Field
- Creating a Photo Gallery
- Creating an HTML Page
- Introduction to the Website Browser tab
- Create and Reuse Content from Content Tab and HTML page
- Edit, Preview, and Live modes on HTML Pages
CMS Training Basics (pdf)
These documents can provide assistance for working within the CMS. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
- Accessing CMS
- Creating a new web page
- Creating new content
- Adding a hyperlink
- Editing content
- Reusing content
- Creating a new folder
- Adding a page to the left hand navigation menu
- Adding a folder on the left hand navigation menu
- Creating sub-menus within the left hand navigation menu
- Adding news to new dept pages
- How to update faculty or staff profiles on the website
- Uploading images to CMS
Adding a photo to your content in CMS
- How to resize a picture or graphic
- How to Embed a Flickr slideshow on your webpage
- How to embed a YouTube video on your webpage
- If you creating a form for the website, email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you.