Gettysburg College strives to adhere to the Nine Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning.
Assessment is accomplished through on-going collaboration across the College community (Organization for Assessment). Specifically, Committee on Learning Assessment (COLA) and Co-Curricular Learning Assessment Group (CLAG) oversee the assessment of student learning at the College.
Assessment is one of the major functions of the Office of Institutional Analysis. Specifically, the Office:
- Administers national benchmark surveys, completes analyses, and writes reports of findings (Major Surveys).
- Conducts local ad hoc assessments, e. g., institutional surveys.
- Assists COLA and CLAG with College-level assessment of learning outcomes (Additional Studies).
- Assists departments with assessment of student learning, and provides data support for program reviews.
- Serves as a central repository for assessment reports, studies, resources, and other related efforts, including creating and maintaining/updating the Assessment Website.