Gettysburg College strives to adhere to the Nine Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning.
Assessment is accomplished through on-going collaboration across the College community (Organization for Assessment). Committee on Learning Assessment (COLA) oversees the assessment of student learning at the College.
Assessment is one of the major functions of the Office of Institutional Analysis. Specifically, the Office:
- Administers national benchmark surveys, completes analyses, and writes reports of findings (List of Major Surveys).
- Conducts local ad hoc assessments, e. g., institutional surveys.
- Assists COLA with College-level assessment of learning outcomes (Additional Studies).
- Assists departments with assessment of student learning, and provides data support for program reviews.
- Serves as a central repository for assessment reports, studies, resources, and other related efforts, including creating and maintaining/updating the Assessment Website.