Co-Curricular Learning Assessment Group (CLAG) was formed following the 2004 re-accreditation review. It was established as a sub-committee of Committee on Learning Assessment (COLA)--the overseeing entity of all learning assessment activities at the College.
It is the responsibility of the Co-Curricular Learning Assessment Group (CLAG), in consultation with the Student Life Council, to articulate the learning goals of college co-curricular programs. It is important that these goals be presented to and embraced by COLA and the faculty at large, because they complement and complete the educational goals for students.
- The creation and ongoing modification of codified learning goals for co-curricular programs.
- The ongoing development and maintenance of a co-curricular learning assessment plan, including the review of current practices, identification of gaps, selection of appropriate methodologies and the compilation and dissemination of assessment data.
- The identification of assessment training needs and the coordination of periodic trainings for administrators on learning assessment. CLAG will advocate providing professional development opportunities for administrators to attend workshops and conferences on student learning assessment.
- The presentation of co-curricular learning goals to COLA and the faculty at large.
The development and collaboration with the faculty, of the use of the portfolio as an assessment methodology.
Carol Cantele, Suhua Dong, Jeff Foster (Chair), Barbara Fritze, Julie Ramsey, GailAnn Rickert, Gail Sweezey, David Wright, Qin Zhang
Resources: Guidelines developed by Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Student Learning Assessment Handbook
- Assessing Student Learning and Institutional Effectiveness: Understanding Middle States Expectations
- Characteristics of Excellence in Higher Education: Eligibility Requirements and Standards for Accreditation (Standard 14: Assessment of Student Learning)
- Examples of Evidence of Student Learning