Gettysburg College's VISA purchasing card program is administered online by cardholders, departmental budget managers, and program system administrators with PaymentNet, web-based software provided to us by our issuing bank, JPMorgan. This electronic system is user friendly and as intuitive as programs that enable you to do your banking online. If you can manage your email, your PaymentNet account will be simple, too! This brief, orientation will assist you.
- Please begin by reading the Cardholder's Guide. This document describes the College's purchasing card program and defines your responsibilities.
Your experience will begin when you transact College business with your purchasing card. From this point forward, PaymentNet will support your expense processes. You will log into your account to acknowledge and validate your transactions, to document them, to debit them to the appropriate budget, and to produce your monthly statement. This is referred to as the review or reconciliation process.
- When you are finished with the Cardholder's Guide, please print, read, sign, and date the Purchasing Cardholder Agreement. You will be notified, within the next several days, when your new card has arrived.
Thank you for your participation.
Reviewing and Reconciling Posted Transactions
1) Select Transactions from menu bar >Manage. Note that the system default displays all recent department transactions for last 30 days (Display may be changed as needed or a more preferable display saved as your default. See drop down options)
2) Locate specific cardholder transactions with “Look For…” tool >GO
- If transaction is valid, allocated correctly as shown, and the receipt bears a notation regarding the business purpose for the expense, check box at left, select Reviewed when done. Status will update.
- To reassign GL number, select the row to explode transaction detail, delete the account segment not needed and begin entering the correct one. A drop down will display to select from. Add a Transaction Note, check Reviewed box, SAVE
- To split the expense between budgets, select Add Lines from transaction detail record, expand the edit fields by clicking the triads, edit as necessary, SAVE
- If the transaction is incorrect, invalid, or inaccurate, please first contact the merchant to correct the problem. Dispute the charge if the merchant is unresponsive
Creating Monthly Reports - Revised 4/3/13
1) Select Reports from Menu bar > Create
2) Change Report type from default “All “ to Custom
3) Select Transaction Detail with GL & Notes report to open
- Row 1= Post Date>Cycle Is>Accounting & Billing Cycle>Choose the needed month
If creating report for all or most cards in department, no additional criteria is required. Click on trash can to remove 2nd criteria row. Process without adding any names or account numbers. The report will include all cards in department to which you have access.
If creating report for one or several cardholders in department, add Row 2 as shown. Repeat a pair of rows for each additional cardholder report required. Retain the date row>name row order and consistently use <OR> for date parameters and <AND> for cardholder as you develop your list. Consider saving the criteria you develop for quick updates each month.
- Row 2= <AND> Choose the cardholder by name or account number
- Select Report Format <Adobe PDF>
- Select Process Report
- Select Report for Available Downloads queue to open
- Report will print with page breaks between accounts
Checking Declines, Available Balances, Credit Limit, GL Defaults, etc.There are three locations to view account information when needed:
1) Transactions > Authorizations/Declines > Look for…cardholder> search will display the account. Open the account record in question to review failed transaction information.
2) Accounts>Manage>Look for…cardholder >search will display the account. Open the account record to a Read Only view of set up information.
3) Profile icon will display information pertaining to the logged in user only.
Transaction Notification Emails
PaymentNet will generate email messages to the the requester when transactions post not only to their account, but also to any other account in the department. The College has opted out of this feature but some managers may find it a useful tool to monitor departmental transaction activity. Follow the steps below to set up.
When you receive your first system notice you may wish to establish an Outlook rule to help organize the messages. The IT Helpdesk will step you through this process if you need assistance.
1) Login and open Profile icon
2) Check Transactions for Review
4) Plan for forwarding of future messages