General usage: To rent or operate any vehicle, members of the Gettysburg College community must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have valid driver's license
- Submit an annual motor vehicle report (State requirement)
Passenger van usage: To operate a vehicle transporting more than eight (8) passengers, a driver must meet the following additional requirements:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Complete a one-hour training session
- Pass a 45-minute road evaluation
- If under age 21, complete and pass three hours of behind-the-wheel training
- Submit a motor vehicle report release form to verify an acceptable driving record
Please contact Transportation Services to schedule training to operate a passenger van. Allow four (4) weeks to complete the necessary courses and receive motor vehicle screening.
Minibus usage: The College owns and operates one 29-passenger minibus. It is scheduled on the basis of availability, staffing, and other requests.