Forgot your password?
If you have forgotten your password, please call the ITHelpdesk at ext. 7000.
- Instructions for Changing Passwords
- Password Rules
- SMOP Enrollment
- Change Passwords (note: This will change your passwords to CNAV, CMS, Windows, Outlook, Moodle, and Unix)
Welcome to Self Management of Passwords (smop)
1. Open your web browser and go to Gettysburg College's Password Tool.
2. Click on the change password tab and type your current Gettysburg College User ID.
4. Type your current password (use your windows/outlook email password.).
5. Press the Change password button.
6. Type your new password in the New password: field using the specified rules. Retype your new password in the Confirm: field.
NOTE: Do not press the Back button on your web browser during the change password process!
1. Click on enrollment tab and enter your Gettysburg login ID and password
2. Click on Login
3. Select and answer at least two security questions.
4. Click on Update
Unlock/reset your password
1. Click on the Reset Password/ Unlock Account tab
2. enter your username
3. Click on Continue
4. Enter answers for security questions that you selected during enrollment
5. Click on Continue
6. Enter new password following rules guideline.
Your password must:
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length
- Passwords must contain at least 1 uppercase character
- Passwords must contain at least 1 lowercase character
- Passwords must contain at least 1 number
- past 3 passwords cannot be used