How to Access Your H: Drive from Off Campus
While you are off campus, you need to use a special program called Secure Shell (or SSH) to access your h: drive. The following instructions should help you set up SSH and login to access your files:
1. Download Secure Shell Remote software from: H DRIVE . Select Downloads. This is a free version available for students.
2. Install the software
3. The installer should have placed a shortcut for the program in the Start Menu, run the program by clicking the short cut
4. Click Quick Connect and enter the following information in the Connect to Remote Host Window:
Username: Your Gettysburg UserID.
Port Number: 222
5. Click Connect
6. The first time you connect to the server, you will receive several warnings. Click Yes to all of them
7. Enter your Gettysburg password when prompted
8. Click the button for New File Transfer Window
9. Find the files that you need and copy them to the desktop.
Note: You cannot work directly on files through SSH. You need to copy them to the local machine, make and necessary changes, and then copy them back to the server.