Information for Seniors
Graduating seniors all campus accounts will be terminated on July 1st. Termination includes all files (e.g., papers, web pages, presentations, email). Exceptions to this July 1 deadline will be made for graduates who are working on-campus during the summer following graduation or for students participating in the 9th semester program. Following the semester you will be moved to Alumni status. If you need an extension beyond July 1st, contact IT at ITHelpdesk@gettysburg.edu no later than July 1st with your request.
- Graduates may request an alumni myGettysburg account here. myGettysburg Alumni is accessible from every page of the Gettysburg college website. myGettysburg has more advanced features, such as a searchable alumni directory, address and employment updates, events in your area, unofficial transcripts and class news. myGettysburg Alumni access will be available for recent graduates in July. If you would like to set up an email forwarding address, you may do so through myGettysburg. You will have to keep your email forwarding address up to date to continue to receive email. Once your Alumni account request has been approved, you will be able to use those same credentials to log into CNAV as well.
- H Drive - copy H drive contents to cd, save to your computer using SSH (Windows) or Fugi (Mac), or email them to your Gettysburg email or another email account.
- Email - contact or visit the Gtech website for instructions to transfer your Gettysburg email to your computer.
CNAV groups Review any CNAV groups for which you are an owner and either
- Mark the group for deletion
- Designate a new owner of the group and then remove yourself as owner.
- If this is not done, you and/or your organization run the risk of having the group alias terminated.
- Please also take yourself out of any groups that allow you to self-delete, by clicking on the unsubscribe link in your My Groups listing under the My Place menu.
Hardware Any IT hardware that you may have (mini-switches, satellite TV boxes, Cable modems, remote controls, etc.) must be returned to IT no later than your last day on campus. Make arrangements with IT by calling x6918. You will be charged for any damaged or missing hardware.
Students transferring/withdrawing/being required to withdraw for the College similar to graduating seniors, all accounts will be terminated July 1st, or one month following withdrawal. These students would be eligible for Alumni CNAV accounts after their class graduates from Gettysburg (or when they graduate should they return to Gettysburg as students); the alumni account must be requested, however, all files located on College servers, such as your H drive, will become inaccessible on July 1st or shortly thereafter.
Students who return following withdrawal - Accounts will be re-established when you return; however, no old files will be available. Please contact the IT Helpdesk as soon as you know you will be returning to give us ample time to activate your account.