Share a Folder on a Networked Server
This function can only be performed on a PC using a Windows operating system! If you want to share a folder but do not have a Windows PC in your office, you must go to a PC that has a Windows Operating System on it and get logged on there to set this up!
When you share a folder, you can give it a share name, provide comments to describe the folder and its content, limit the number of users who have access to the folder, assign permissions, and share the same folder multiple times.
You can share a folder as follows:
1. Make sure you logged on with your correct user account information when you started your PC
2. Right-click the folder that you want to share, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security Tab
4. Click the Add button.
5. In the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box, click the user accounts and groups to which you want to assign permissions.
6. Click Add to add the user account or group to the shared folder. Repeat this step for all user accounts and groups to which you want to assign permissions.
7. Click OK.
8. In the Properties dialog box for the folder, click the user account or group, and then, under Permissions, select the "Allow" check box or the "Deny" check box for the appropriate permissions for the user account or group.
9. Click OK.