Gettysburg College is always looking for ways to protect the financial security of its employees. To help you prepare financially; Gettysburg College is making available, through Aflac, supplemental benefits to help fill these needs.
In the event of a serious illness or accident, your major medical insurance may reimburse your doctor, the hospital, and other providers. But you may be responsible for unreimbursed expenses. These may include lost pay for you or a family member, transportation, deductibles, co-insurance, and prescriptions.
Aflac's benefits pay cash directly to the policyholder regardless of any other coverage one may have. The insured can spend the money as he or she sees fit. They are fully portable and premiums do not increase with age or if one leaves the company.
- 24/7 coverage, on or off the job
- Accident emergency treatment benefit of $120
- Initial hospitalization benefit of $1000
- Hospital confinement benefit of $250/day
Wellness benefit of $60/year for eye exam, immunization, annual physicals etc.
Cancer Insurance-Options Available for Wellness & Initial Diagnosis
- Wellness Rider of $50, $75, $100 or $125/year per covered person for cancer screening
- Initial Diagnosis Rider of $2500, $5000, $7500 or $10000
- Initial Treatment benefit of $3000
- Experimental treatment benefit of $500/week
- Nursing services benefit of $150/day (as authorized by physician)
- Reconstructive Surgery benefit of $350 to $3000
Transportation benefit of 50 cents/mile for round trip between hospital and residence
Specified Health Event Insurance
- First occurrence benefit of $5000 for heart attack, stroke, by-pass surgery, coma, paralysis, major third degree burns, end-stage renal failure.
- Reoccurrence benefit of $2500
- Hospital confinement benefit of $300/day
- Continuing care benefit of $125/day for physician visits, home health care, nursing home, physical therapy, rehabilitation, speech therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, extended care and hospice care
Lodging benefit of $75/day to cover you or family member at a medical facility more than 50 miles from home
- Enrollment is quick and easy with no physicals required
- Claims process is easy and payment is prompt
- Claims assistance by your Aflac agent