The Gettysburg Child Care Corporation (GCCC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which is organized to oversee the operations of Gettysburg's Growing Place. The roles and responsibilities of the Board of the GCCC include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leasing the center building from Gettysburg College under a licensure agreement.
- Hiring and monitoring a qualified provider, presently Hildebrandt Learning Centers, to manage the day-to-day operating activities of the early learning center.
- Reviewing and endorsing the rules, policies, and procedures the provider uses in operating the early learning center and ensuring a safe environment for the children and the employees.
- In addition, the GCCC also:
- Approves the annual operating budget.
- Authorizes the annual tuition rates and staff salary increases.
- Determines how and when to make capital expenditures, which mostly have to do with the physical plant and other center needs.
- Coordinates fundraising activities on behalf of the program.
2015-16 GCCC Membership:
- Jamie Yates (President)
- Meggan Smith (Vice President)
- Leigh-Anne Redfern (Treasurer)
- Tim Funk (Secretary)
- Kathryn Adams
- Julianne Barclay
- Natalie Barlett
- Becca Hanson
- Regina Campo (ex-officio)
- Christopher Delaney (ex-officio)
- Peter North (ex-officio)
(717) 337-8211 phone | (717) 337-8460 fax | Center Director Sherry Yingling
142 Constitution Avenue
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA 17325