The Office of Human Resources and Risk Management welcomes you to Gettysburg College. As a new employee, we are aware that you will have many questions regarding your place as part of the Gettysburg community. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance. We are located on the ground floor of Pennsylvania Hall, or you may reach us by calling our office at extension 6202. Again, welcome to Gettysburg College!
Forms Necessary to Receive Pay
Please complete these forms in the Human Resources Office within your first three days of employment. These forms are necessary for you to be paid.
- Personal Data Collection Sheet
- Employee Financial Responsibility Statement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Notice of Rights and Duties
- Eligibility Employment Verification
- Local Income Tax Withholding
- Direct Deposit Authorization
Gettysburg College is a Harassment and Discrimination-Free Workplace
Gettysburg College is committed to maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students and a professional workplace free from harassment and discrimination for its employees. As a new employee at Gettysburg College, it is important to familiarize yourself with our Harassment and Discrimination-Free Workplace Policy.
New employees of the College must review this information and complete the on-line training within his/her first month of employment.
Top 5 Things to Do in Your First Week of Employment
- Complete your hiring paperwork
- Receive your parking tag from the Department of Public Safety
- Get an ID Card
- Grab a sandwich at the Bullet Hole or have lunch at Specialty Dinning
- Review our Resource Guide for Administrative Assistants
Top 10 Things to Do in Your First Month of Employment
- Complete the online Harassment and Discrimination-Free Workplace Training
- Familiarize yourself with the Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- Attend New Employee Orientation
facilitated by the HR Office
- Take a Wellness Class
- Visit the John F. Jaeger Center for Athletics, Recreation, and Fitness
- Find out "Who we are & What we do"
- Read Key Messages about Gettysburg College
- Attend a Majestic Theater Show
- Visit the Musselman Library
- Check out Grab Expeditions
Top 10 Things to Do in Gettysburg
- Take a Guided Historic Walking Tour
- Go to the Visitors' Center
- Tour the Battlefield by bus, horse or Segway
- Attend the Reenactment
- Visit the Hauser Estate Winery
- Attend First Friday downtown
- Go to the National Apple Harvest Festival
- Tour the Eisenhower Farm
- Have dinner at The Blue Parrot
- Go for coffee at The Ragged Edge
Messages for our new employees
- From Susan Fumagalli
Associate Director of Athletics
- From Loretta Hylton
Executive Asst to VP of College Life & Dean of Students
- From Sue Holz
Academic Administrative Asst
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll in benefits at Gettysburg College?
- How do I establish telephone, voice-mail, email and computer access?
- How can I save money commuting to and from Gettysburg College (PDF)?
- How do I get a Gettysburg College ID, office key, and parking permit?
- What's happening at Gettysburg College?
- Where can I find a campus map so I can learn my way around campus?