What is the Independent Track?
The Independent Track is designed for self motivated and disciplined individuals who have wellness activities incorporated into their activities of daily living. It is also designed for individuals whose schedules do not allow for the Wellness Program's structured activities and need a more flexible schedule. Participants select from the wellness dimensions, including nutritional, physical, emotional, intellectual/cultural, social/family, and spiritual, to set their SMART goals. This year the Independent Track participants will select one (1) Major dimension and one (1) Minor dimension to achieve their wellness goals.
What are the Independent Track Requirements?
- Submit the Liability Waiver and Terms and Conditions quizzes in Moodle by 12/20/2013
- Choose one (1) Major and one (1) Minor and list your SMART goals and objectives for the major and minor by 1/17/2014
- Complete Highmark Wellness Profile by 1/17/2014
- Participate in the Multiphasic Blood Screening (MBS) by 2/28/2014
- First Assessment: In a brief paragraph or two, reflect on how well you are sticking with your goals , what is working, and what things you still need to improve upon for the remainder of the wellness year by 3/14/2014
- Second Assessment: Another brief paragraph or two by 6/6/2014
- End of Year Reflection Conclusion: This final assessment is a summary and critique of your previous two assessments and will result in a reflection on achieved personal growth in your chosen dimensions of wellness by 9/30/2014
How do I enroll in the Independent Track?
- Log on Moodle and follow the instructions.