PEER LEARNING ASSOCIATES PROGRAM
INSTRUCTIONS: For more detailed information please refer to the information contained in the CALL FOR PEER LEARNING ASSOCIATES memo from Dean Rickert.
1) Individual instructors requesting PLAs for courses with one section or First-Year Seminars should use a Request Block for each course.
2) Chairs or Department PLA Coordinators may use a single Request Block for the following:
- a course with multiple sections: Example: Spanish 101 sections A&B
- a group of courses with shared PLAs: Examples: Span 101, A,B; Span 103 A-E, and Span 104, A-D
- departmental requests for "at-large" tutors available as needed for any course in the department
3) Submit additional forms if you need more than two Request Blocks.
4) Be sure to complete the entire form and click submit at the bottom of the screen.
5) Send PLA names now if you know but do not delay sending the form if you do not.
FORMULA FOR REQUESTING FUNDS: hours per week X $7.25 (per hour rate) X 14 weeks
GDF: Group Discussion Facilitator (outside classroom)
SGF: Small Group Facilitator (inside classroom)
DI: Drop-in help (e.g., regularly scheduled 'office' hours)
TUT: One-on-one tutor
PRS: Practice/Review Session (outside of classroom)
O: Other (please explain below)