Do you want to hang out with other students learning a foreign language? This is the place. But watch out - you might learn something. We are located on the ground floor of Breidenbaugh Hall (at the corner of Washington and Lincoln).
FrontDesk (Phone# x6339)
11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
|Fri:||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Sun:||3 p.m. - 10 p.m.|
Need additional help with your foreign language class?
- Come to Drop-in Area and check out one of our CDs that can help you with vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture
- Meet with language assistants or talk to your peers
- How about playing a board game in the foreign language you are studying?
- Listen to the foreign language TV stations
Are you working with a foreign language class project?
- Use one of our collaboration rooms to work with your group
- Get technical help from the LRC staff
- Most LRC staff have language skills (check our name tags to find out which languages we speak)
- Work on your project during the times the language assistant for your language is present in the LRC
- Check our digital video camera and learn how to use it (please check on availability)
- Record your native speaker interview with our portable digital recorder and burn it to CD immediately (please check on availability)
Would you like to read authentic materials in foreign languages?
- LRC has a 'Foreign Language Book Loan' bookshelf which contains authentic materials in various languages. It is the bookshelf filled with foreign language books and students will be allowed to borrow and return them on the honor system without checking them out. This system will provide the students easy access to authentic materials in foreign languages and will promote Internationalization on campus. Furthermore, it will provide the opportunity for students to get exposed to language experience outside of the classroom.
Do you miss your friend who is studying abroad this semester?
- Hook up via Web cam
- Send them voice e-mails
- Read their blog
- Keep a blog for them
Would you like to watch foreign language channel on campus cable TV?
- In a back room of LRC, we have the campus cable tv hooked up to digitalizing equipments, so that you can record tv program in foreign language.