Although you're away from campus, Gettysburg and OCS are only a few clicks away.
Helpful Tools and Information While Abroad:
The OCS Study Abroad Handbook
Be sure to get a list of local contacts from your program's on-site staff. In addition, here's a list of useful Gettysburg contact numbers:
Public Safety: 717-337-6911
Financial Aid: 717-337-6611
Health Services: 717-337-6970
Local US Embassies and Consulates
The following are links to helpful information while travelling:
Enhance Your Experience by Sharing It
- National Geographic Glimpse Correspondents Program
The Glimpse Correspondents Program is an exciting opportunity for talented young writers and photographers who will be living abroad for at least ten weeks. The program encourages participants to engage with people from other cultures, to seek out thought-provoking experiences, and to share their stories from abroad with others.
- Photo Contest
Do you have a picture from studying off-campus this past semester that can win our photo contest? The OCS invites you to submit your favorite photos!
- Photos will be judged by a team of experts made up of Gettysburg Faculty, Students and Administrators.
- The winners will be announced at a Photo Contest Reception where all of the winners will be on display and then on a more permanent display in the Common's Cafe.
- All photo entries will have their pictures featured on the OCS website.
- Winners will receive a prize!
1. You may submit a TOTAL of 4 photos to any of the following categories:
- Cultural Interaction (GC student interacting with local people)
- Learning in Action (either an inside or outside of the classroom shot that demonstrates your academic experience)
- Landscapes and Landmarks
- The Essence of your Term Abroad
2. Please send pictures to email@example.com with "Photo Contest" in the subject line.
3. Submissions are due Monday, October 3rd, 2011 COB.
4. When submitting your photos please include your name, where you studied, a title for your photo, in which category you are entering your photo, and an explanation for each photo.
By submitting your photo, you are giving permission for our office to publicly show your photo or photos.
- Photo of the Week
We are looking for our next photo of the week to feature on the OCS homepage! Send us some great pictures of your study abroad experience. Please include your name, your program, and description of the photo. Each week we reveal the winner. Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Photo of the Week" in the subject line.
We are excited that you are (or thinking about) incorporating Off-Campus Study as part of your Gettysburg degree! Whether you are:
This section of the website is for you. You will find relevant information organized by where you are in the process.