Although you're away from campus, Gettysburg and OCS are only a few clicks away.
Helpful Tools and Information While Abroad:
Be sure to get a list of local contacts from your program's on-site staff. In addition, here's a list of useful Gettysburg contact numbers:
Public Safety: 717-337-6911
Financial Aid: 717-337-6611
Health Services: 717-337-6970
Local US Embassies and Consulates
- List of US Embassies
- Students Abroad - US State Department website for students travelling abroad.
- Voluntary Travel Registration - Register with a US Embassy or Consulate for information and assistance during your travels.
The following are links to helpful information while travelling:
- Culture Shock
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Travelers
- Travel Safety
- Women Travelers
- National Geographic Glimpse Correspondents Program
The Glimpse Correspondents Program is an exciting opportunity for talented young writers and photographers who will be living abroad for at least ten weeks. The program encourages participants to engage with people from other cultures, to seek out thought-provoking experiences, and to share their stories from abroad with others.
We are excited that you are (or thinking about) incorporating Off-Campus Study as part of your Gettysburg degree! Whether you are:
- In the planning stages
- In the middle of applying
- Preparing to go
- In the midst of the experience
- Back on campus trying to make sense of it all
This section of the website is for you. You will find relevant information organized by where you are in the process.