Are you ready to apply?
If you have not yet had a meeting with one of our advisors, please make an appointment to do so with the Appointment Request Form. If you have already met with one of our Off-Campus Studies advisors and your academic advisor(s) and have decided on a program and a semester (or year) for your study abroad, follow the steps below to begin your application.
Once you have had an OCS advising appointment, consulted with your Academic Advisor(s) and selected your program, you are ready to start the application process. You will need to complete 2 sets of applications:
1. The Gettysburg OCS Application (for Affiliated and Non-affiliated Programs)
- OCS needs to open this application for you. Once you instruct OCS to open your application, you will receive an email from OCS with detailed instructions on how to log in to the application and complete it (you can also download instructions from this website).
- The OCS application consists of an essay and a course approval portion. You will need to work closely with your department and academic advisor to complete the course approval process.
OCS Application Deadlines for ALL programs are the same:
- OCTOBER 1st - for spring semester programs
- MARCH 1st - for fall semester or academic year programs
If you do not have your OCS Application submitted by these deadlines, you will have to wait until the next semester to study off campus.
2. The Program Provider Application
- Most providers have their applications on their websites.
- The exceptions to this are:
- DIS and Lancaster University (OCS FORMS),
- Cuernavaca, Mexico through Universal (request from Spanish Dept.)
- These applications consist of essays, letters of recommendations, transcripts, course choice forms, study abroad approval forms, etc.
- You can submit applications yourself or turn forms into the OCS and we can submit them on your behalf.
- To order transcripts you will need to fill out, sign and submit a Transcript Request form to the Registrar (forms available from OCS or the Registrar).
- Many application forms require photos (sometimes as many as ten). You can have them taken at AAA Travel (1275 York Rd., 334-1155) or CVS (1275 York Rd., 337-2812). Please read the photo requirements carefully regarding size and number of photos.
Program Provider Application Deadlines are all different. Some may fall before the Gettysburg Application Deadline.
Program Provider Application Information for Affiliated Programs.