Are you ready to apply?
If you have not yet had a meeting with one of our advisors, please make an appointment to do so with the Appointment Request Form. If you have already met with one of our Center for Global Education advisors and your academic advisor(s) and have decided on a program and a semester (or year) for your global study, follow the steps below to begin your application.
Once you have had a CGE advising appointment, consulted with your Academic Advisor(s) and selected your program, you are ready to start the application process. You will need to complete 2 sets of applications:
1. The Gettysburg CGE Application (for Affiliated and Non-affiliated Programs)
- CGE needs to open this application for you. Once you instruct CGE to open your application, you will receive an email from CGE with detailed instructions on how to log in to the application and complete it (you can also download instructions from this website).
- To let CGE know the program and semester you want to go, log into Student Center, click on Center for Global Education, and then select the box next to Click here to Start a NEW Application. Complete the Survey, Terms and Conditions, and Program Choice items.
- The CGE application consists of a review of the terms and conditions, an essay and a course approval portion. You will need to work closely with your department and academic advisor to complete the course approval process.
CGE Application Deadlines for ALL programs are the same:
- OCTOBER 1st - for spring semester programs
- MARCH 1st - for fall semester or academic year programs
- Petitions for non-affiliated programs are due prior to the applications deadline. Petitions must be submitted by September 15th for spring and February 15th for fall.
If you do not have your CGE Application submitted by these deadlines, you will have to wait until the next semester to study off campus.
2. The Program Provider Application
- Most providers have their applications on their websites.
- The exceptions to this are:
- These applications consist of essays, letters of recommendations, transcripts, course choice forms, global study approval forms, etc.
- You can submit applications yourself or turn forms into the CGE and we can submit them on your behalf.
- To order transcripts you will need to fill out, sign and submit a Transcript Request form to the Registrar (forms available from CGE or the Registrar).
- Many application forms require photos (sometimes as many as ten). You can have them taken at AAA Travel (1275 York Rd., 334-1155) or CVS (1275 York Rd., 337-2812). Please read the photo requirements carefully regarding size and number of photos.
Program Provider Application Deadlines are all different. Some may fall before the Gettysburg Application Deadline.