Type of Projects Supported
- Research or artistic projects that are in fulfillment of the senior project, capstone, or honors thesis requirement.
- The funding may be used for such things as project supplies, to pay subjects, and/or travel expenses.
- A maximum of $500 is available to each student per academic year (this includes the summer before the student's senior year). In the case of students who are double-majoring and will, therefore, have two senior projects, the amount of funding requested cannot exceed the maximum amount of $500 combined e.g., a student may request $300 for major #1 project and $200 for major #2 project.
- Please note that these funds are meant to enhance the quality of the student's experience, not to make the project possible. This means that funding is not intended to support the project in its entirety but to assist in defraying some of the project costs incurred by the student.
- All supported projects must be compliant with the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) policies
Who May Apply/Application Deadlines
- Rising and current seniors who have already begun working on their Senior Projects.
- The application deadline for projects carried out during the Fall ’17 semester is FRI., OCT 27th and for projects carried out during the Spring ’18 semester, WED., FEB 28th. These application deadlines will be strictly adhered to unless a strong case for an extension can be made in writing by the faculty member advising the student on the project.
- Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will be accepted after May 1,
2017but cannot be processed until after the start of the new fiscal year on June 1, 2017.
- Project requests for the Spring 2018 semester will not begin to be reviewed until early January 2018.
How to Apply:
Applying for Senior Project funds is a two-step process:
(1) Students who are requesting these funds need to complete and submit this online form:
(2) Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application and, upon review, will be asked to indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to Maureen Forrestal and Paula Baer, having typed "I approve" in the message section of the e-mail. It should be noted that, ideally, the student and the faculty mentor will have met in person to discuss the specifics of the request but the approval process itself will be done via e-mail.
Distribution of Funds
- Once the award has been announced, the student may request reimbursement for expenses. Students should submit original receipts along with their full names, home address, and student ID number to their department administrative assistant, who will complete a check reimbursement form and send it to Paula Baer at campus box 2960. Please keep in mind that it is college policy that no travel advances may be issued for students.