- Rising and current seniors who have already begun working on their Senior Projects.
- Research or artistic projects that are in fulfillment of the senior project, capstone, or honors thesis requirement.
- The funding may be used for such things as project supplies, to pay subjects, and/or travel expenses.
- A maximum of $500 is available to each student per academic year (this includes the summer before the student's senior year). In the case of a student who is double-majoring and will likely have two projects and as a result may need of additional funds, one of the facutly mentors should contact Dean Forrestal to discuss the situation.
- Please note that these funds are meant to enhance the quality of the student's experience, not to make the project possible. This means that funding is not intended to support the project in its entirety but to assist in defraying some of the project costs incurred by the student.
- All supported projects must be compliant with the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) policies.
Students need to complete and submit this online form: Senior Project Funding Application
Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application. Upon review and confirmation that any necessary clearances have been obtain, will be asked to indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to Maureen Forrestal and Paula Baer, having typed "I approve" in the message section of the e-mail. It should be noted that, ideally, the student and the faculty mentor will have met in person to discuss the specifics of the request but the approval process itself will be done via e-mail.
- The application deadline for projects carried out during the Fall ’18 semester is FRI., OCT 26, 2018 and for projects carried out during the Spring ’19 semester, WED., FEB 27, 2019. These application deadlines will be strictly adhered to unless a strong case for an extension can be made in writing by the faculty member advising the student on the project.
- Project requests for the Spring 2019 semester will not begin to be reviewed until early January 2019.
Distribution of Funds
- Once the award has been announced, the student may request reimbursement for expenses. Students should submit original receipts along with their full names, home address, and student ID number to their department administrative assistant, who will complete a check reimbursement form and send it to Paula Baer at campus box 2960. Please keep in mind that it is college policy that no travel advances may be issued for students.