- M Chaibva, X Gao, P Jain, WA Campbell*, SL Frey, and J Legleiter. Sphingomyelin and GM1 influence huntingtin binding to, disruption of, and aggregation on lipid membranes, ACS Omega, 2018, 3(1), 273-285.
- SL Frey, EB Watkins, EY Chi, KD Cao, T Pacuszka, J Majewski, KYC Lee. Enhanced ordering in monolayers containing glycosphingolipids: impact of carbohydrate structure. Biophysical Journal, 2018, 114(5), 1103-1115.
- X Gao, WA Campbell*, M Chaibva, P Jain, AE Leslie, SL Frey, and J Legleiter. Cholesterol modifies huntingtin binding to, disruption of, and aggregation on lipid membranes. Biochemistry 2016, 55(1), 92-102.
- SL Frey, J Todd, E Wurtzler, CR Strelez*, and D Wendell. A non-foaming proteosurfactant engineered from Ranaspumin-2. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2015, 133, 239-245.
RECENT EXTERNAL FUNDING
- The George I. Alden Tust: Acquisition of an atomic force microscope for Gettysburg College. June 2018.
- National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation Grant: Acquisition of a circular dichroism spectropolarimeter for research and training of undergraduates at Gettysburg College. August 2017 – July 2020.
- Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh College Equipment Grant to obtain a modular spectrofluorometer. May 2016.
Associate Professor, Chemistry
Phone: (717) 337 - 6259
Box: Campus Box 0393
300 North Washington St.
Gettysburg, PA 17325-1400
BS, Haverford College, 2001
MS, University of Chicago, 2003
PhD, University of Chicago, 2008
biophysical chemistry; lipid membrane biophysics
Frey Lab website