Gettysburg recognizes students' academic achievement in high school by awarding four categories of merit scholarships.
A separate application is not required; decisions on merit scholarship recipients are made as part of the admissions process. Academic merit scholarships are awarded under Early Decision and Regular Decision.
The selection process for these scholarships is competitive with awards going to top-ranking applicants based upon grade point average, class rank (if available), and SAT or ACT scores. Beginning with the Class of 2022, academic scholarships include:
- Abraham Lincoln Scholarships- $26,000 annually
- Presidential Scholarships- $22,000 annually
- David Wills Scholarships- $20,000 annually
- 1832 Founders Scholarships- $10,000 annually
Academic scholarships are available for up to eight semesters. To maintain an academic scholarship, enrolled students must achieve the required cumulative GPA at the end of each academic year:
- Presidential and Lincoln Scholarships- cumulative GPA of 2.75 at the end of the first year; cumulative GPA of 3.0 in future years
- David Wills Scholarship- cumulative GPA of 2.75 at the end of each year
- 1832 Founders Scholarship- cumulative GPA of 2.00 at the end of each year
Once enrolled at Gettysburg, students do not receive consideration for academic scholarships and scholarship values are not changed.