Specific audition information for fall 2017 will be posted soon. This will include times/locations and excerpts/preparation information.
The audition information posted below will answer many questions. We encourage you to visit again after May 29, 2017 for specific audition information. If you have questions in the meantime, please email us at email@example.com.
We are proud of our instrumental ensembles and eager to work with you as we prepare another great season of music. We welcome all new student musicians as well as our returning musicians. The 2017-18 year is shaping up to be a great one and we hope you are excited to be part of it.
All prospective ensemble members must audition, regardless of prior ensemble membership.
* Music majors, minors and students on a music scholarship whose principal instrument is a string, woodwind, brass or percussion instrument must take part in these auditions and will be placed in one or both ensembles at the discretion of the music directors (Symphony Orchestra, Wind Symphony). For wind and percussion musicians, it is normal to be placed in both ensembles. In some cases, students will perform in only one or the other, at the discretion of ensemble conductors and applied faculty.
* Non-major/non-scholarship students and others may elect to audition for one or both ensembles.
Auditions for Fall 2017 membership will be held Monday, August 28 and Tuesday, August 29 in Schmucker Hall.
- Students audition once for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Symphony.
- These auditions include woodwinds, brass, percussion, strings, piano, and harp.
- A sign-up sheet with audition times and locations will be posted outside of the Conservatory Office the week before classes resumes. Students auditioning should sign up for a audition time.
Times, locations, excerpts, and other preparation information will be posted on or around May 29, 2017.