China & Singapore Performance Tour
January 4 – 19, 2014
14 days & 12 nights
Beijing - Xian – Shanghai - Suzhou – Singapore
- Concert performances for the Wind Symphony
- Great quality university/professional venues
- Extensive sightseeing throughout the tour
- Five cities: Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Suzhou & Singapore
- United Nations Endorsed World Heritage Sites: Great Wall, Forbidden City and Summer Palace in Beijing, Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian, Night Safari & Sentosa Island in Singapore
- Tons of fun activities including jaw-dropping acrobatic show in Beijing
- In-depth cultural experiences throughout the tour
You are Invited...
The Sunderman Conservatory Wind Symphony and selected strings will embark on a 14-day tour of mainland China and Singapore in January, 2014…our first ever combined international tour! Each member of our ensemble is critical to our successful performance and we sincerely hope you can plan to be a part of this historic trip.
While there, we will present major concerts, engage in cultural outreach, participate in exchanges with the Bejiing Conservatory and Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music in Singapore and of course sightsee throughout the trip. We will be accompanied by guides during our entire trip that will provide background and assistance in each stop along the way. We will be staying in Tourist Class or First Class Hotels with air-conditioning and private, separate bathroom with two (2) persons per room.
Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Alumni and Parents...
Alumni of Gettysburg College and their families as well as parents of traveling students are also invited to join our student musicians on this exciting tour. Whether you were involved with music during your time at Gettysburg or not, we welcome your participation.
All participants, including alumni and parents, will be an integral part of the tour experience and will enjoy a superb trip while meeting and interacting with students in a joint musical endeavor.
For more information, go to our special section for alumni and parents. If you have questions about the tour or would like to talk about joining us, contact Director of Bands Russell McCutcheon at email@example.com.
Our trip includes…
- Economy class airfare roundtrip from Washington DC/Baltimore area airport to China with return from Singapore
- All domestic transportation in China, including instrument transportation
- Transfer from Beijing to Xian
- Transfer from Xian to Shanghai
- Flight from Shanghai to Singapore
- Private air-conditioned/heated motor-coach trips between and within cities
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) each day with the exception of two lunches and two dinners while in Singapore. These are opportunities for you to explore and eat on your own.
- Extensive sightseeing throughout, all admissions to sights as listed on the itinerary
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides from arrival to departure
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- MUSIC TOURS UNLIMITED Tour Escort to be with the group from departure in USA to return.
- $2,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance Coverage carried by MUSIC TOURS UNLIMITED