Sally Bussey Powell, a native Virginian, earned her Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science at the University of Virginia in 1995. She then earned a Master's degree at Mary Baldwin College and embarked on a teaching career that has spanned three states and included stints in elementary, middle, and high schools. She earned a Specialist's degree at the University of Georgia in 2005 and a certificate from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in 2013. For the past seven years she has been a teacher of English language learners in Carroll County, Maryland.
- Favorite Commonwealth: Virginia
- Second favorite Commonwealth: Scott Miller's
- Favorite institution of higher education: University of Virginia
- Favorite climbing vine: Parthenocissus quinquefolia (Virginia creeper)
- Favorite song: (New) Virginia Creeper
- Favorite editorial: Is There a Santa Claus? (Yes, Virginia, There Is)
- Favorite state that used to be part of Virginia: West-By-God Virginia
Much to her disappointment, three of Sally's four children were born in Georgia and the other was born in Maryland.
Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate (PK-12, ELL)
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (English as a New Language)
Education 201: Educational Psychology
Education 320: Teaching Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Learners
Sally Bussey Powell
Adjunct Instructor, Education
Phone: (717) 337 - 6553
Box: Campus Box 0396
300 North Washington St.
Gettysburg, PA 17325-1400
University of Georgia (Ed.S.), 2005
MA Mary Baldwin College, 1997
BA University of Virginia, 1995
Teaching English Language Learners