Professor Miyazawa is looking for research assistants to work on her research project on the curriculum in post-disaster Fukushima. You can apply for one position or combinations of these positions.
The salary is $7.25 per hour. You can work 5 to 10 hours per week for 10 weeks during Spring 2018.
Position 1 : Data Entry and Library Research in English
- Creating bibliographic database, using Zotero.
- Finding academic journal articles on specific topics and entering the information into the database.
- Basic library research skill and familiarity with a bibliographic database. All the texts will be written in English.
Position 2 : Data Entry in Japanese
- Creating a bibliographic database of Japanese texts, using Zotero. This work requires writing information in Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana, and translating them into English.
- Organizing primary sources (data) written in Japanese, using excel.
- Basic library research skill and familiarity with a bibliographic database.
- Ability to recognize and copy Kanji used in academic texts.
- Ability to translate reference information from Japanese to English.
Position 3: Interview Transcription in Japanese
- Transcribing interviews conducted in Japanese. Each interview is 1 to 2 hour-long, and there are five interviews in total.
- Native fluency in Japanese.