The Problem of the Week Contest is taking the week of Thanksgiving off. The next problem will be posted on November 27.
- The contest is open to all Gettysburg College students.
- New problems will be posted regularly outside Glatfelter 215 and on this page.
- Submissions are due by email to Professor Kennedy, or in the P.O.W. submission envelope outside Glatfelter 215, by the posted deadline.
- Submissions with one, two, or three authors are acceptable.
- Authors may use any source, written or electronic, but all sources must be properly cited.
- Authors may use any computing device.
Each week’s entries will be scored by an illustrious panel of faculty judges. Each week’s winner(s) will get a stylish and prestigious P.O.W. prize button, and the student(s) with the highest score at the end of each semester will win the Paul Mugabi Problem-solving award.
Problem Number One: Natural Farming Practices
Problem Number Two: Averages, Naturally
Problem Number Three: A Gambling Ring
Problem Number Four: Traffic Jam!
Problem Number Five: A Couple of Squares
Problem Number Six: Titans of Finance
Problem Number Seven: Suspense in the Yard
Problem Number Eight: What's the Average of that Function?
Problem Number Nine: Confusion in the Air
Problem Number Ten: Magic Mice
Alumni Division: join the following GC alumni who have successfully solved Problems of the Week!