- The contest is open to all Gettysburg College students.
- New problems will be posted regularly outside Glatfelter 215 and on this page.
- Submissions are due by email to Professor Kennedy, or in the P.O.W. submission envelope outside Glatfelter 215, by the posted deadline.
- Submissions with one, two, or three authors are acceptable.
- Authors may use any source, written or electronic, but all sources must be properly cited.
- Authors may use any computing device.
Each week’s entries will be scored by an illustrious panel of faculty judges. Each week’s winner(s) will get a stylish and prestigious P.O.W. prize button, and the student(s) with the highest score at the end of each semester will win the Paul Mugabi Problem-solving award.
Problem Number One: Making way
Problem Number Two: Rocks
Problem Number Three: Sand on the beach
Problem Number Four: This could happen; be prepared!
Problem Number Five: Midpoints at mid-term
Problem Number Six: Balance in all things
Problem Number Seven: Over the limit
Problem Number Eight: Multiple Possibilities
Problem Number Nine: Non-medium medians
Problem Number Ten: Squares in a circle
The last P.O.W. of the Semester! Increasingly fascinating
Alumni Division: join the following GC alumni who have successfully solved Problems of the Week!