New Books by Philosophy Faculty
- Dan DeNicola’s book, Learning to Flourish: A Philosophical Exploration of Liberal Education will be published by Continuum International this summer both in hardback and paperback editions. It offers a theory of liberal education as a tradition expressed in five complementary paradigms. You may learn more about the book at the publisher’s site: http://www.continuumbooks.com/books/detail.aspx?BookId=162412&SearchType=Basic.
- Bassam Romaya has a new book, The Iraq War: A Philosophical Analysis. The book offers a sustained critique of philosophical doctrines that dominate the Iraq war debate, argues for the abandonment of traditional approaches, and proposes an alternative account for the ethical analysis of contemporary warfare. You may learn more about the book at: http://us.macmillan.com/theiraqwar/BassamRomaya.
- Kerry Walters’ The Underground Railroad: A Reference Guide, has been published by ABC-Clio/Praeger. The book is a history of the first large-scale and mainly nonviolent campaign of interracial civil disobedience in the United States. Learn more at: http://www.abc-clio.com/product.aspx?isbn=9781598846478.
- Kerry Walters has also authored Vegetarianism: A Guide for the Perplexed, which will be released by Continuum International this June. For more information, visit: http://www.continuumbooks.com/books/detail.aspx?BookId=157729&SearchType=Basic.
- Other books by Kerry Walters have received special recognitions this spring:
The Art of Dying and Living received the Nautilus Gold Award for 2012. The book is now being translated into Korean.
- Revolutionary Deists was named a Choice Outstanding Book for 2011.
- See a complete listing of Kerry’s books at http://www.kerrywalters.net/.