- Postbaccalaureate programs are designed to help individuals who already have a bachelor's degree prepare to apply to medical school.
- "Career changer" programs are for students who have not taken the required premedical courses, and need to do so before taking the MCAT and applying to medical school.
- "Record enhancer" programs are for students who need to improve their GPA or MCAT scores before applying to medical school.
- Postbaccalaureate programs differ markedly in their entry requirements, length, curricula, and costs.
- A list of postbaccalaureate programs can be found at http://services.aamc.org/postbac/.