Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies students have many possible career paths to explore. Through the Gettysburg College resources both on campus and off, there is a wide range of opportunities for students to learn more about their field(s) of interest. For example, students can:
- Join student chapters of national associations
- Participate in an internship, career-related summer job, or service learning projects
- Study abroad
- Gain experience through volunteering
- Team up with a faculty member to engage in research.
- Attend Career Coffee Hours, alumni programs, and other networking events sponsored by the Center for Career Development, Alumni Relations, and other departments of the college.
Key Resources for Majors:
- The Center for Career Development at Gettysburg College offers students the opportunity to interact and network with alumni working in related fields.
- Feminist Majority Foundation (1600 Wilson Blvd., Suite 801, Arlington, VA 22209) is a research, education and public policy organization devoted to promoting equality, non-violence and the empowerment of the voice of feminism in the United States.
- Pennsylvania NOW, Inc. (P.O. Box 68, Bellefont, PA 16823) is a grassroots, non-profit, volunteer organization that promotes equal rights for all women.
- ARTEMIS Guide includes information on Women's Studies Programs throughout the United States
- Canadian Women's Studies Programs identifies Women's Studies Programs in Canada
Additional Information for Career Exploration:
There are numerous sources of information for students researching career options, including occupations and skills, websites containing a variety of information on women's studies, and industry/organization links.
- INFORM - University of Maryland - WS jobs database
- Financial Aid and Career Opportunities - University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- About.com - Job resources for women
- Portland State Career Center
- Michigan State University
- UNC - Chapel Hill
- Bibliography for job resource information in print (Bibliography compiled by Katherine Side at the Department of Women's Studies, Mt. Saint Vincent University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Social Service related jobs
- International job opportunities
- Philanthropy careers
- Non-Profit organization jobs