- Ariane Cruz, Assistant Professor, Department of Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies, Penn State University. "The Darker Side of Desire: BDSM, Pornography, and Black Female Sexuality." Sept. 16, 2015, McCreary Hall 115.
- Nina Hartley. "Owning Your Sex: Insights into Sexual Agency, Autonomy, & Personal Responsibility." Oct 21, 2015, 7:00 p.m., McCreary Hall 115.
- Gail Dines, Professor of Sociology and Women's Studies, Chair, American Studies, Wheelock College. "Sex(ism), Identity and Intimacy in a Porn Culture." Nov. 11, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in Mara Auditorium.
- Deborah R. Vargas, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Graduate Studies, University of California-Riverside. "Listening to Chicana Singers: Sounding Borderlands Imaginaries." Sept. 17, 2014 7:00 p.m., Bowen Auditorium.
- Whitney Strub, Ph.D., Assistant Professor and Director of Women's and Gender Studies at Rutgers-Newark. "Obscenely Queer: The Sexual Politics of Obscenity Law and Modern Queer Expression." Oct. 29, 2014 at 7:00 p.m., CUB 260.
- Eithne Luibheid, Associate Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies and Director of Undergraduate Studies, University Arizona. "Rethinking 'Illegal' Immigration Through Queer Theory." Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:00pm, CUB 260.
2013 Women's Studies Conference. "Young Feminisms: Youth, Gender and Transformation". Saturday, March 30, 2013, 8:30am - 4:30pm, Franklin and Marshall College
- Azade Seyhan, Fairbank Professor in the Humanities and Professor of German and Comparative Literature at Bryn Mawr College. "Translating Agony to Remembrance in Exile Narratives." Thursday, November 8, 2012, 7:00pm, CUB260.
- Panel Discussion on Migration, Gender & Sexuality Issues. October 17, 2012, 7:00pm, Bowen Auditorium.
- Opening of Retratos/Portraits. October 10, 2012, 6:00pm - 7:00pm, Schmucker Art Gallery.
- Patricia Zavella, Professor of Latin American and Latino Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz. "Gender, Migration and Poverty: Mexicans' Struggles in Daily Life." Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:00pm Mara Auditorium, Masters Hall.
- Michael Kimmel, Professor of Sociology, SUNY Stony Brook, and pioneer of masculinity studies. "Guyland: The Perilous World where Boys Become Men." Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 7:00pm CUB Ballroom
- Linda Gordon, University Professor of the Humanities and Florence Kelley Professor of History, New York University. "Dorthea Lange: Supporter and Challenger of the New Deal." Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:30pm CUB 260
- Dr. Sheri Parks, author of "Fierce Angels: The Strong Black Woman in American Life and Culture." AFS/WGS Lecture. Tuesday, February 7, 2012 Mara Auditorium.
- Keisha-Khan Perry, Assistant Professor of Africana Studies, Brown University. "Beyond Survival to Political Contestation: Black Women in Brazilian Urban Spaces." Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:30pm CUB 260
- Central Pennsylvania Consortium Annual Women's Studies Conference. "Women, Sexuality, and Poverty." Gettysburg College. Keynote address: Dean Spade, Assistant Professor at Seattle School of Law and founder of the Sylvia Rivers Law Project for gender non-conforming people: focusing on people of color and poor people. Saturday, March 31, 2012
- Christina Hanhardt, Assistant Professor
American Studies Department and LGBT Studies
University of Maryland, College Park
Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 7:30 p.m.
"On Just Grounds?: The Politics of Race and
Place in the History of Advocacy for LGBT-Inclusive
Hate Crime Laws"
- E. Patrick Johnson, Chair of Performance Studies and
Professor of African American Studies
Saturday, March 5, 2011, 8:00 p.m.
"Pouring Tea: Black Gay Men of the South Tell Their Tales"
- Lawrence La Fountain-Stokes
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
Program in American Culture (Latina/o Studies)
University of Michigan
September 20, 2010, 7:00 p.m., Bowen Auditorium,
"Queer Ricans: Puerto Rican Culture and Sexuality in the Diaspora."
- Susan Stryker, Associate Professor
Department of Gender Studies
November 4, 2010, 7:30 p.m.,
"Christine in the Cutting Room: Christine Jorgensen and Transsexual Celebrity."
- Carolyn Merchant
Professor of Environmental History, Philosophy, and Ethics
Environmental Science, Policy, and Management Dept.
University of California, Berkeley
April 12, 2010
"Ecofeminism and Partnership Ethics."
Head of Department of Women's Studies,
Professor of Rural Sociology and Women's Studies
Penn State University
November 4, 2009
"Breaking New Ground: Women and Sustainable Agriculture."
Professor of Geography and Chair of Global Studies,
September 24, 2009
"Making Feminist Sense of Militarism and Global Environmental Problems."
- Sonia Alvarez
Horwitz Professor of Latin American Politics and Studies
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
April 2, 2009
"Beyond the Global Gender Agenda? Reflections from
- Christine Todd Whitman
Governor of New Jersey (1994-2001)
September 22, 2008
"Women, Power and Politics: The View From Just Under the Glass Ceiling."